Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) December 13, 2016
NCPDP is set to celebrate its 40th Anniversary, 2017 Annual Technology and Business Conference with a crescendo of meetings and networking, music and an explosion of glitter, and quality educational programming May 8-10, 2017 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. “This conference marks an important milestone for NCPDP, bolstered by tremendous success in advancing interoperability with standards that support better informed clinical decision making, business efficiencies and improved patient safety,” explained Lee Ann Stember, President of NCPDP.
- The build-up begins with pre-conference Work Group Meetings on May 7 and 8, followed by the conference opening reception.
- On Tuesday, May 9, 2017, keynote speaker, Robert Channing, will bring his signature artistry to illuminate the stage with color, glitter, music and hypnosis. Channing’s Imagination Into Art™ is described as taking his audience through a journey of amazement, suspense, cheers, motivation and surprise. His visually stunning performance will inspire attendees to take action, and sustain the important work of NCPDP.
- Featured speaker, Doug Long, returns with the highly anticipated IMS Market Trends Report on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
- Delivering actionable insights to support succession planning, “The Harvard Cowboy” and millennial expert, Paul Moya, will captivate attendees with his entertaining and interactive look at Generation Y, Millennials and Generation Z on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
- Educational programming includes a total of 12 professional and technical educational track sessions. Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) units are available for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Other activities include an early morning Fun Run/Walk and the annual Foundation Pour and Silent Auction, fundraising events for the NCPDP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization affiliated with NCPDP. Funds raised will support student pharmacist scholarships and research projects that drive better quality healthcare through the use of standards-based health information technology. Registration for the Fun Run/Walk and the Foundation Pour is available when registering for NCPDP’s Annual Conference.
Discounted, early bird pricing is available until March 10, 2017. Register for NCPDP’s 40th Anniversary, 2017 Annual Technology and Business Conference at http://ncpdp.org/ac/register.aspx. For real-time updates before and during the conference, follow us at http://twitter.com/ncpdp or join the discussion using NCPDP’s 2017 Annual Technology and Business Conference hashtag: #NCPDP17.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with approximately 1,500 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 76,000 pharmacies, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than two million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call 480.477.1000.