Courses are geared towards both professionals seeking continued education and parents or caregivers looking to expand their knowledge of this neurological disorder.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) December 15, 2016
On December 14, 2016 STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) announced the launch of its new and improved online learning website. SPD University offers over 70 of the latest online courses on Sensory Processing Disorder and feeding disorders. Courses are geared towards both professionals seeking continued education and parents or caregivers looking to expand their knowledge of this neurological disorder. Each course offered is developed by leading authorities in the field of SPD and can be accessed 24/7.
“The new SPD University is a state of the art website for current and future users as they explore the latest research and strategies related to the treatment of SPD. Upgrades to SPD University will allow users to more easily manage their course purchases, membership benefits, and transcripts,” explains Dr. Sarah Schoen Director of Education for STAR Institute.
Other new features include:
- A single login for managing online learning courses, membership, event registrations, donations, and profile information
- Recommended courses based on your preferences and training needs
- SPD University course access begins from the date you decide to begin (not on the date of purchase)
Course topics include:
- Definition and characteristics of SPD
- Intervention for the subtypes: Sensory Modulation Disorder, Postural Disorder, Dyspraxia, and Sensory Discrimination Disorder
- Principles of STAR Institute Treatment Model
- Strategies for home, school and clinic
- Assessments: learn to administer, score, and utilize a range of occupational therapy and developmental assessments
- SOS Approach to Feeding: advanced courses designed to further the skills of professionals who have already attended an SOS Approach to Feeding Basic 3-Day or 4-Day Course
- New Signature Lecture Series: including SPD related topics on social skills, picky eating, summer fun, handwriting, assessing sensory modulation, and ADHD
To purchase courses on SPD, visit the new site here. Sign up is free!
About STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder: The STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder, a Colorado 501(c)(3), is the world leader in treatment, research, and education for Sensory Processing Disorder, a neurological condition that disrupts the daily lives of more than 4 million Americans. The STAR Institute is the premier treatment center for children, adults and families living with Sensory Processing Disorder, feeding disorders, and other sensory conditions associated with ADHD, autism, and other developmental disorders. Dr. Lucy Jane Miller, founder of STAR Institute, is widely recognized as the leader in Sensory Processing Disorder research worldwide. For more information about the Greenwood Village, Colorado clinic, visit http://www.spdSTAR.org or call 303-221-7827.