Bethpage, NY (PRWEB) April 20, 2017
Earth Day is celebrated annually across the world on April 22 to raise the public’s environmental awareness. King Kullen Grocery Co., Inc. has some environmentally-friendly advice to share this year. When everyone makes small changes it results in a big impact.
Start by shopping with reusable bags at the grocery store. Visit the Produce Department at King Kullen to stock up on local fruits and vegetables.
At home, switch lightbulbs to energy-efficient bulbs.
Before work, fill a reusable water bottle to use throughout the day instead of disposable plastic water bottles or paper cups.
Prepare lunches ahead of time and opt for plastic containers instead of paper or plastic bags. Don’t throw out leftovers – use them to put together delicious meals. Use leftover chicken for chicken salad, in chili or stuffed peppers, on top of pizza, pulled chicken, in chicken noodle soup, tacos and more.
One Sheet Pan Recipes
On busy weeknights, there is little time to prep. Try these recipes where everything is made in one pan to cut down on oven use and time spent washing dishes.
- This recipe for Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/199917670940169493/) combines sweet, tangy and savory flavors.
- For a meat-free alternative, try Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/199917670940169494/). This recipe is healthy and flavorful, and best of all there’s only one pan to clean after eating dinner.
Use dark, leafy green vegetables like kale or spinach in a green smoothie along with berries and bananas. Green smoothies improve overall health, since they are easy to digest, improve hydration and boost energy levels.
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/199917670940169485/) is a simple, tasty side dish that can complement any meal. Try this easy recipe which only requires a few ingredients, and is ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
- Start the day with something green – try this Matcha Green Tea Latte (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/199917670940169481/) for an energy boost that’s low-calorie and ready in less than five minutes. This recipe is free of dairy, soy and refined sugar.
- For a protein-packed lunch that’s easy to prep ahead of time, try a healthier take on a traditional Caesar salad. This Kale Caesar Salad with Fried Chickpeas (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/199917670940169474/) recipe is crispy and crunchy, and will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
Visit the nearest King Kullen store to pick up all the ingredients to make any of these Earth Day inspired recipes.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Bethpage, New York, King Kullen Grocery Co., Inc. is recognized by the Smithsonian Institution as America’s first supermarket. Michael J. Cullen opened the doors of King Kullen in 1930. Today, four generations later, King Kullen is still family owned and operated. It remains a leader in the supermarket industry. From that very first store in 1930, King Kullen today operates 32 supermarkets and five Wild by Nature stores across Long Island. In addition to traditional grocery, King Kullen features a large catering and prepared foods department, freshly-baked breads and sweets, and healthy and organic areas, with pharmacies and online shopping in many stores as well.