Rockville, MD (PRWEB) May 03, 2017
The 2017 RadWaste Summit will explore the theme, New Priorities, Regulations, and Opportunities as the industry moves into the fourth quarter of the Trump administration and Republican-controlled Congress. The Summit will explore the existing policy, budget allocation, project priorities, and more.
Attendees will hear about a variety of topics that cover the full spectrum of radioactive waste on both the commercial and federal sides. You’ll meet with more than 300 waste managers, lab directors, site managers, business development executives, analysts, scientists and more. Agenda topics have been announced and include:
- Department of Energy Priorities
- Office of Environmental Management and Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management Updates
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Priorities
- Commercial Waste Disposal Advocacy
- Major DOE Cleanup Sites Update
- Tank Waste Treatment Facility Commissioning
- Local Regulatory Impact
- Decommissioning Case Study
- Infrastructure Investments Enterprise-Wide
- Yucca Mountain Restart
- Storage and Transportation
- And more!
The advisory board that has been helping to shape the 2017 agenda includes:
- Larry Camper, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Retired & Senior Nuclear Safety Consultant, Talisman International, LLC
- Renee Echols, President, Firewater Associates, LLC
- Eugene Gleason, President and Managing Director, Nuclear Management Associates, LLC
- Walter S. Howes, Managing Director, Verdigris Capital Group
- Eric K. Knox, Senior Project Director, Nuclear and Environment, Management Services Group, AECOM
- Anne White, CEO, Bastet Technical Services, LLC
“It’s hard for me to tell you just how excited I am to help announce the agenda topics and the members of the RadWaste Summit’s advisory committee,” said Nancy Berlin, Program Director, ExchangeMonitor Forums. “It’s the deep commitment to the needs of the industry that has made this Forum so vital: a place where policy melds with industry, where information helps business decisions. The advisory committee continues to help to push this critical mission forward,” Berlin said.
Given the current political climate, there’s much that we will need to discuss at this year’s meeting to continue to move this industry forward. Attendees will hear first-hand about the latest regulations, changes, and solutions for the future from high-level speakers and panelists. In addition, networking is key to capitalize on business opportunities within the nuclear waste industry, and with over 350 attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors, there is plenty of networking time built into the agenda.
The early bird registration rate has been extended to May 31st; simply use the VIP code EARLYBIRD during registration online to receive the discounted rate. The 2017 RadWaste Summit has also been added to the DOE EM Conference Management Tool, the event ID is 37254.
To learn more and to register, visit http://www.radwastesummit.com.
About ExchangeMonitor, a division of Access Intelligence, LLC
ExchangeMonitor Publications & Forums, founded by the late Edward Helminski, was acquired by Access Intelligence, LLC in March 2015. ExchangeMonitor publishes professional newsletters and creates, manages and sponsors forums, colloquiums and workshops to facilitate an exchange of views and information among government officials, private industry executives, non-governmental organizations and other entities on critical national and international programs and policies.
About Access Intelligence, LLC
Access Intelligence delivers trusted, timely and deep information that empowers our customers and advances their business. We are a leading worldwide information and marketing company that provides unparalleled business intelligence and integrated marketing solutions in nearly a dozen global market sectors (such as PR, Marketing, Energy, Aviation, Satellite, Healthcare and Media). With a customer-centric culture dedicated to editorial excellence and marketing integrity, we serve business professionals worldwide with a portfolio of products, including events, e-letters, data and digital products, e-learning, magazines, and e-media solutions.