All our winners exemplify the way the medical tourism industry should be run – professional, offering exceptional patient care and providing the best possible medical outcomes.
Opatija, Croatia (PRWEB UK) 4 May 2017
The very best in the medical travel sector are celebrating following the announcement of the winners in the IMTJ Medical Travel Awards 2017 (http://awards.imtj.com).
The awards celebrate innovation and excellence in the medical travel, medical tourism and health tourism industry. Unlike other awards in the sector, the IMTJ awards are judged by an independent panel of medical travel experts, chaired by IMTJ Managing Editor, Keith Pollard.
The awards were presented on Wednesday night (26th April) at a high profile ceremony that took place in the Design Hotel Royal, Opatija, Croatia, generously supported by Primorje-Gorski Kotar County.
The 2017 winners are:
- Health and medical tourism: Destination of the year… Malaysia
- Health and medical tourism: Cluster of the year… Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council
- The 2017 Sanjiv Malik Lifetime Achievement Award goes to… Dr Claudia Mika, Founder & CEO, Temos International
- International Hospital of the Year… Sunway Medical Centre, Malaysia
- Specialist international patient centre… St. Catherine Specialty Hospital, Croatia
- International dental clinic of the year… Dental Clinic Rident, Croatia
- International cosmetic surgery clinic of the year… Poliklinika Bagatin, Croatia
- And Highly Commended International cosmetic surgery clinic of the year… Cirumed Clinic Marbella, Spain
- International fertility clinic of the year… TMC Fertility & Women's Specialist Centre, Malaysia
- International dialysis clinic of the year… IMED Hospitales, Spain
- International cancer centre of the year… CMC Cancer Center, Lebanon
- International hair clinic of the year… Advanced Hair Clinics, Greece
- International eye clinic of the year… Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, UAE
- International thermal medical bath of the year… Danubius Health Spa Resort Irma, Hungary
- Medical travel agency of the year… Junomedical, Germany
- Best medical travel web site… FMS Dental Hospitals, India
- Best marketing initiative… Sunway Medical Centre, Malaysia
- Highly Commended marketing initiative… Quirónsalud, Spain
- Best quality initiative… Clemenceau Medical Center, Lebanon
- Highly Commended quality initiative… Sunway Medical Centre, Malaysia
- Excellence in customer service… Clemenceau Medical Center, Lebanon
- Best use of technology in medical tourism… France Surgery, France
- Chairman of the judging panel and Managing Editor of IMTJ Keith Pollard says the awards celebrate the best providers in the industry and aim to encourage others to strive to match them:
“Medical travel is an exciting and growing global industry, with many providers delivering excellence in both medical care and customer service. The IMTJ Medical Travel Awards are the only independent awards to recognise those who are the best of the best - and hopefully will encourage others to emulate their success. The judges wanted to reward innovation and excellence, highlight best practice and celebrate those who are leading the way in the industry and delivering successful outcomes for patients.
“All our winners exemplify the way the medical tourism industry should be run – professional, offering exceptional patient care and providing the best possible medical outcomes. I’m already looking forward to next year’s awards in the hope that other clinics and companies will have raised their game to match or even better this year’s winners.”
For all media enquiries, including images of the ceremony, contacts for winners and interviews with Keith Pollard, please contact Sarah Ward: sarahward(at)imtj(dot)com.
Notes for editors:
The International Medical Travel Journal (http://www.imtj.com) provides insight into the medical travel and medical tourism sector. IMTJ was established in 2007 in response to the increasing interest in medical travel and medical tourism. It embraces many of the themes that challenge healthcare providers across the world – insurance, accreditation, marketing and promotion, quality, patient safety, levels of care and experience in treating international patients.
IMTJ is independent of the associations and special interest groups that have come aboard the medical tourism bandwagon. Our aim is to create a central focus for information, resources and opinion on medical travel for those involved in the industry, anywhere in the world.
The internationalisation of healthcare through health tourism is at the heart of IMTJ. Patients are becoming healthcare consumers and in many countries, patient choice is being extended to surgery and treatment provided by international hospitals and clinics. By sharing expertise, knowledge, and views about the health travel industry, IMTJ helps to ensure that patient expectations are met, and that the industry maintains a high reputation.
The International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ) is owned and managed by Intuition Communication, a specialist publisher of consumer and business-to-business information on private healthcare and medical travel. The company also operates a consumer facing portal for medical tourism – Treatment Abroad.