PALMYRA, Wis. (PRWEB) May 09, 2017
Standard Process Inc. awarded $10,000 in scholarships during the National Chiropractic Leadership Conference March 17 in Washington, D.C. Four scholarships of $2,500 each were distributed to selected Student American Chiropractic Association members. The 2017 scholarship winners are:
- George Aoude, University of Bridgeport: Aoude is in his eighth semester and plans to graduate in May of 2017. He said, “Thank you, Standard Process, for pioneering the future of whole food nutrition and supporting the development of chiropractic professionals.”
- Rebecca Bell, University of Western States: Bell is in her sixth quarter and plans to graduate in September of 2018. She said, “The amount of gratitude I feel for being chosen as a recipient of this scholarship is indescribable. As graduate students, we all make a significant financial investment in our education, and it is incredible knowing there are organizations out there such as Standard Process who choose to make significant investments in us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Standard Process!”
- Sarah Houhoulis, Palmer College of Chiropractic West: Houhoulis is in her 10th quarter and expects to graduate in December of 2017. She said, “The holistic practitioner is not only responsible for the health and well-being of her patient but also her community.”
- Jocelyn Tierney, Cleveland University-Kansas City: Tierney is in her fifth trimester and expects to graduate in August of 2019. She said, “I am overwhelmingly grateful and humbled to have been chosen as a recipient of this Standard Process Scholarship! I look joyfully forward to continuing in my chiropractic education, and this generous gift will be a huge blessing and benefit as I move forward in the curriculum. Thank you, Standard Process!”
Standard Process, a visionary leader in whole food nutrient solutions, has awarded the SACA scholarships for the past nine years. The company is dedicated to supporting long-term educational efforts that involve future health care professionals in the study of whole food nutrition.
Twenty-six applications from 10 different colleges were received. Representatives from Standard Process and the American Chiropractic Association selected the four scholarship winners from the top entries. This year, scholarship applicants provided a written essay discussing why they are studying to become a chiropractor and how whole food nutrition will help them be a catalyst for changing patients’ lives.
To qualify for a scholarship, students were required to:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Provide a list of contributions to the chiropractic profession
- Be a SACA member able to attend the NCLC
If you are interested in learning more about this scholarship program and others offered by Standard Process, contact Lisa Hackett, professional development coordinator, at 800-848-5061 or lhackett(at)standardprocess(dot)com.
About Standard Process Inc.
Standard Process is the visionary leader in whole food nutrient solutions. Based in Palmyra, Wisconsin, Standard Process offers more than 300 high-quality supplements made with whole food and other ingredients through three product lines:
- Standard Process®
- Standard Process Veterinary FormulasTM
- MediHerb® herbal supplements
The products are available exclusively through health care professionals, including chiropractors, acupuncturists, nurses, naturopaths, medical doctors and veterinarians.
Standard Process is guided by the whole food philosophy of its founder, Dr. Royal Lee. Dr. Lee’s goal was to provide nutrients as they are found in nature, where he believed their natural potency and efficacy would be realized. Today Standard Process proudly carries on Dr. Lee’s legacy and regularly grows more than 60 percent of the raw plant ingredients found in its products on its certified organic farm in Palmyra, Wisconsin. Using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to retain vital nutrients within each ingredient, Standard Process manufactures its supplements in its certified organic manufacturing facility. Standard Process employs high quality control standards and follows the Food and Drug Administration’s good manufacturing practices.
In the 1940s, Dr. Royal Lee marketed the first household flour mill under the Lee Engineering brand. The Lee Household Flour MillTM has been redesigned and is now offered along with other nutrition-focused products under the Standard Process subsidiary, Royal Lee Organics™.
Standard Process employs more than 380 people and has been in business since 1929. The company is recognized as a distinguished leader and innovator in workplace wellness and an exemplary environmental steward. It is a recipient of the Platinum Well Workplace Award from the Wellness Councils of America and a Tier 1 participant in the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Green Tier program, which recognizes companies with strong environmental compliance records. For more information about Standard Process, visit standardprocess.com.