Scottsdale, Ariz. (PRWEB) May 09, 2017
The Luxury Collection, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing luxury hospitality brands, today announced that The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale, will be undergoing major refurbishments. These plans showcase the brand’s continued commitment to expanding and enhancing its North America portfolio. One of Scottsdale’s most luxurious resorts, The Phoenician will remodel its signature public areas this summer and fall, allowing guests to stay anew in style and experience. Work began Thursday, May 4, with most construction scheduled for completion by Saturday, September 30, 2017. The complete rebuild of the spa is expected to be completed by the end of December 2017.
The extensive renovations represent the second phase of a two-year repositioning plan, which began in summer 2016 with the redesign of the resort’s casitas and all guestrooms, as well as the makeover of The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician – the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond hotel in the greater Phoenix area.
Rooted in luxury and layered with details that define the destination’s history, location and culture, The Phoenician’s new look will feature a more contemporary use of the rich tones and warm hues of the surrounding Sonoran Desert, creating an inviting, residential feel that flows throughout the property. The wide-ranging capital project will include:
- Main Lobby – A smart, spacious entrance will lead to personalized welcome desks to assist with check-in, as well as a relocated concierge service area.
- Main Lounge – The Thirsty Camel will take advantage of floor-to-ceiling views and new seating to create a more relaxed, central gathering spot. A fresh, regionally-centric menu will also be incorporated.
- Afternoon Tea Court – The venue will be repositioned off of the lounge to provide a more intimate backdrop for this traditional English experience.
- Il Terrazzo – The restaurant will be re-concepted as Mowry & Cotton, featuring a lively atmosphere and approachable menu that speaks to the flame-cured, indigenous flavors and textures of modern American cuisine.
- Pool Complex – Additional deck space will be integrated to allow for more seating and VIP areas. A new waterslide and other family-friendly recreational offerings, such as a tree house, will be introduced. An adult-only hot tub will complement the signature Mother of Pearl pool. The current bar & grill will be relocated to reveal more of the resort’s overall sweeping views, and repurposed as the Kalio Kabobery, featuring Mediterranean-inspired fare.
- The Shops at The Phoenician – The retail space will be redesigned to welcome a variety of specialty boutique stores featuring apparel, jewelry and gift items.
- Café and Ice Cream Parlor – This anchor to the retail area will also have a new layout, concept and menu with the introduction of The Marketplace – breakfast, lunch and custom offerings presented in “grab & go” style.
- Spa – The Centre for Well-Being will be replaced by The Phoenician Spa, a stunning, three-story facility that will feature a rooftop pool, 24 treatment rooms – including a couple’s VIP suite – a Drybar, full-service nail salon, fitness center with movement studio and personal training gym.
“Since opening its doors on October 1, 1988, The Phoenician has curated the exceptional in luxury travel,” said General Manager Mark Vinciguerra. “Along with our owner, Host Hotels & Resorts, we now begin the second phase of our resort-wide transformation that will blend contemporary inspiration with our natural, Sonoran legacy.”
About The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, the 250-acre Phoenician offers two exquisite experiences – a 585-room AAA Five Diamond luxury resort and a 60-room, Forbes Five Star, AAA Five Diamond boutique hotel, The Canyon Suites -- at one magnificent destination. Both The Phoenician and The Canyon Suites are owned by Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc., and operated by Marriott International as part of The Luxury Collection. For additional information, please call (480) 941-8200; (800) 888-8234 or visit http://www.theluxurycollection.com/phoenician and http://www.luxurycollection.com/canyonsuites.
About The Luxury Collection®
The Luxury Collection® brand is comprised of world-renowned hotels and resorts offering unique, authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories. For the global explorer, The Luxury Collection offers a gateway to the world's most exciting and desirable destinations. Each hotel and resort is a unique and cherished expression of its location; a portal to the destination's indigenous charms and treasures. Originated in 1906 under the CIGA® brand as a collection of Europe's most celebrated and iconic properties, today The Luxury Collection brand is a glittering ensemble, recently surpassing 100 of the world's finest hotels and resorts in more than 30 countries. All of these hotels, many of them centuries old, are internationally recognized as being among the world's finest. For more information and new openings, visit theluxurycollection.com or follow Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Editor’s Note: Additional renderings are available upon request.