(PRWEB) May 10, 2017
Qualis Health, one of the nation's leading population health management organizations, is recognizing six healthcare organizations from across the state of Washington for their achievements in improving healthcare quality and outcomes. The award recipients will be recognized during a ceremony at the 2017 Northwest Patient Safety Conference on May 11, 2017.
“Patients, purchasers, and policy makers are increasingly focused on value, and are demanding a system that delivers better care, spends dollars in a smarter way, and improves overall community health,” says Jonathan Sugarman, MD, MPH, President and CEO of Qualis Health. “The Qualis Health Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality celebrate organizations that are transforming care for their communities, and make a real difference for their patients and families.”
The 2017 Quality Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality are awarded to the following organizations:
- Award of Excellence: Outpatient – Mason General Hospital/Olympic Physicians, Shelton, for their project, “Improving the Rate of Colon Cancer Screening in a Rural Underserved Population—Patients 50–75 Years Old”
- Award of Excellence: Outpatient – Swedish Medical Group, Seattle, for their project, “Effectiveness of an Electronic Medical Reminder for Hepatitis C Screening”
- Award of Excellence: Post-Acute Care – Issaquah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Issaquah, for their project, “Reducing Antipsychotic Use in Dementia Patients”
- Award of Excellence: Pharmacy – Kelley-Ross Pharmacy Group, Seattle, for their project, “Heart 2 Heart, Improving Outcomes and Decreasing Readmissions for Heart Failure Patients through Integrated Pharmacist Home Visit Model”
- Award of Excellence: Large Hospital – Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, for their project “Improving Diabetes Self-Management with Limited-English-Proficient Patients Using Bilingual/Bicultural Diabetes Navigators”
- Award of Excellence: Large Hospital – Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, for their project, “Journey to ‘Never’ Land—A Project to Eliminate Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections”
- Award of Excellence: Health System – Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, for their project, “Early Recognition and Treatment of Sepsis”
# # #
About Qualis Health
Qualis Health is one of the nation’s leading population health management organizations, and a leader in improving care delivery and patient outcomes, working with clients throughout the public and private sectors to advance the quality, efficiency and value of healthcare for millions of Americans every day. In Washington, Qualis Health serves as the Quality Innovation Network–Quality Improvement Organization (QIN–QIO) and the Quality Payment Program – Small and Underserved/Rural Support (QPP-SURS) contractor for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), serves as the Healthier Washington Practice Transformation Support Hub under contract to the Washington Department of Health (DOH), co-leads Healthy Hearts Northwest funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), serves as the External Quality Review Organization (EQRO) for Washington Medicaid, and provides utilization and case management services to the Washington Department of Labor and Industries. For more information, visit http://www.QualisHealth.org.