With the rise of cloud adoption by partners and end-users, now is the critical time for IT vendors to be on top of their cloud strategies and rejuvenate their partner programs in order to motivate the existing partners and attract new cloud partners.
(PRWEB) May 15, 2017
Gorilla Corporation, a leading channel development and marketing enablement company, and its alliance, KAIROS Strategic Consulting, today unveiled new channel insights in the State of the Cloud Channel 2017 Report. The findings demonstrate that cloud adoption is on the rise, but at the same time, there is a lot of work to be done by technology vendors to ensure that their channels succeed in selling cloud-based solutions.
The research results highlight that some critical areas, including technology trends, simplicity of cloud implementation, end-user demand, vendors’ partner programs, and sales and marketing support, are key drivers of the channel’s cloud adoption and success.
“What we see here in the report aligns with our observations when we helped IT vendors acquire net new partners and grow sales within the channel,” said Carlo Tortora Brayda di Belvedere, CEO at Gorilla. “With the rise of cloud adoption by partners and end-users, now is the critical time for IT vendors to be on top of their cloud strategies and rejuvenate their partner programs in order to motivate the existing partners and attract new cloud partners.”
The research also finds that revenue-driven sales and marketing efforts from IT vendors such as lead generation, co-branding marketing campaigns, sales playbook and easy access to marketing automation tools, are highly desired by the partners.
Key findings from the research include:
- Nearly 74% of channel partners have some cloud offerings. Market demand and peer pressure are two important drivers for partners to transition to the cloud. This means technology vendors must identify their channel partners now and help them catch up with early adopters while the window of opportunity still exists.
- The majority of channel partners (nearly 68%) are bullish on customer demand for cloud solutions. Education, Healthcare and Media/ Publishing have the highest cloud adoption.
- Partners reveal data security and cost of transitioning as the top barriers to end-user adoption.
- Only 9% channel partners rate the sales and marketing support by vendors as excellent. Partners are expecting more sales-driven marketing programs from IT vendors to enable them to win more customers.
- Ease of product implementation, Vendor reputation, Training and Sales & Marketing support are key criteria partners consider when evaluating vendors.
To learn more, please download the full report at http://channel.gorillaict.com/CloudChannelReport
About Gorilla Corporation
Gorilla delivers game changing revenue growth for technology companies. Gorilla has been central to Channel Expansion and Optimization globally for over 20 years. Constantly innovating, developing best in class strategy and tactics, Gorilla enables IT vendors to generate revenue within the channel through a variety of solutions ranging from Channel Development, Lead Generation to Partner Concierge Services.
As the pioneer in the field of cloud transformation in the channel, Gorilla’s goal is to support IT vendors in terms of empowering their traditional channel partners to shift business models safely and effectively to cloud. Gorilla has won Cloud Channel Development Supplier Sponsor Award 2016. For more information, please visit http://www.gorillaict.com.