London, UK (PRWEB UK) 23 May 2017
GDPR comes into effect in May 2018 and the penalties for non-compliance are potentially extremely severe. It affects all organisations, regardless of size, that process personal information. That includes not only information on their customers or users but also other categories of information such as employee or supplier information.
“GDPR can appear extremely complex and many organisations, including some large ones, do not know where to start when thinking about complying.” said Ben Grey, a Director at GMA Consulting and the Founder of GDPR Portal. “Big companies will spend a lot of money on GDPR compliance projects. But what will smaller organisations do? They haven’t got the budgets to spend on expensive technology solutions or employing external consultants but they will have to comply with the new law.“ he continued.
GDPR Portal will provide a cost-effective solution which will help small and medium-sized organisations comply with GDPR. It will a have a suite of practical tools enabling organisations to record:
- The types of data, e.g. email addresses, they process and which ones are sensitive or high risk
- How they collect personal data and the associated policies and procedures such as recording consent
- Where they store the data and the related policies around security, retention and deletion
- Who they share the data with and if there are any international transfers
- Subject Access Requests (SARs) and the actions and timelines for the response to the SAR
- Breach notifications and the actions and timelines for notifying the regulator and, where necessary, impacted individuals
“The critical thing for organisations is to be able to prove to the regulator that they have done their best to comply with the requirements of GDPR. If they do nothing, or know they have a problem and don’t do anything about it, then they may get in trouble” said Grey. GDPR Portal will provide organisations with a clear, practical and easy to use toolset that will help stay on top of the compliance process.
Organisations interested in being kept updated on the launch date for GDPR Portal can register at http://www.gdpr-portal.com.
About GMA Consulting
GMA is a London-based IT consultancy which works primarily with Financial Services clients. Almost all firms in the sector face similar challenges in a number of areas including compliance, regulation and audit. We help our clients by using collaboration, cloud and CRM technologies to rapidly and cost-effectively deliver business applications to meet challenges such as these. In essence, we make our clients’ lives easier by helping them run their organisations more efficiently and effectively whilst meeting regulatory and audit requirements.