Somerset, N.J. (PRWEB) May 25, 2017
Catalent Pharma Solutions, the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, today announced that it is to host a half-day symposium on the use of spray-dried dispersion technology to develop pharmaceuticals, to be held at the Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts, on June 1, 2017.
The event, entitled “Spray-Dried Dispersion Development: From Droplet to Dosage Form,” will see speakers from Catalent Pharma Solutions, along with industry experts, discuss a range of topics on amorphous dispersion technology, and its application to improve the solubility and bioavailability of pharmaceutical products. Presentation subjects will include spray-dried dispersion formulation and process development, finished dose development, scale-up strategies for clinical trial materials manufacturing, and equipment considerations for commercial scale-up.
The presentations, which will feature practical and applied case studies, are:
- “Pre-formulation Studies to Ensure Successful Development of Spray-Dried Dispersions,” P.Y. Chen, Director of Early Development, Catalent;
- “Spray-Dried Dispersion Formulation Development for Early Phase Clinical Studies,” Nathan Barksdale, Senior Scientist, Catalent;
- “Spray-Dried Dispersion Process Development,” Jon Scrafford, Manager of Process Engineering, Catalent;
- “Spray Drying in the Pharmaceutical Industry: Scaling-Up to Commercial Manufacturing,” Andrew Birkmire, Process Development Manager, GEA Process Engineering, Inc.;
- “Manufacturing of a finished dose for Phase I/II clinical studies,” Reza Foroughi, pharmaceutical industry veteran.
Catalent acquired Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc., in September 2016, bringing spray drying into Catalent’s portfolio of drug formulation and delivery technologies.
For more information on the event and the speakers, visit Catalent.com/Events.
Catalent is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 10,000 people, including over 1,400 scientists, at more than 30 facilities across five continents, and in fiscal 2016 generated $1.85 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. For more information, visit http://www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™