A continuing trend among time-deprived travelers is a desire to keep their fitness routine on the road. Now, our guests have a safe, outdoor option.
(PRWEB) May 27, 2017
Travelling through Denver International Airport (DEN) just got a whole lot healthier. On National Running Day, June 7, The Westin Denver International Airport will launch its runWESTIN ™ Run Concierge program. Guests, associates and the public are invited to lace up and fuel their day in celebration of National Running Day with The Westin Denver International Airport.
Runners will gather in the Sky Lobby on the sixth floor at 6:45 a.m. to begin the 3k run, or walk, led by the Run Concierge team. The route runs along the west side of the iconic Jeppessen Terminal, with sweeping views of the airport and Rocky Mountains, then to the terminal’s east side, finishing on the fifth-floor outdoor plaza. After the run, participants will refresh and recharge with a SuperFoodsRx™ breakfast and the chance to win great prizes.
“Westin Hotels & Resorts has been a leader in wellness and hospitality for more than a decade,” said Tom Curley, General Manager of The Westin Denver International Airport. “A continuing trend among time-deprived travelers is a desire to keep their fitness routine on the road. Now, our guests have a safe, outdoor option over the indoor Fitness Studio.”
Beginning June 13, 2017, The Westin Denver International Airport will offer twice weekly runWESTIN runs, Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30 a.m., hosted by a member of the Run Concierge team. RunWESTIN allows guests to stay active while travelling for business. The Run Concierge team is experienced and ready to guide any runner, no matter their ability, pace or desired mileage. As a brand, Westin strives to make it as easy as possible for guests to stay active. If a guest forgets running shoes, they can borrow from the hotel’s New Balance Gear Lending program – making it even easier to keep your healthy and active lifestyle while traveling.
Here’s the route.
- Exit the hotel via the west side valet exit
- Run toward the garage, across the road, to the sidewalk that runs around the garage
- The sidewalk will lead around the garage and under a small underpass into the West economy lot
- Follow the sidewalks and run the interior perimeter of the west lot – End of Mile 1
- Then follow the same sidewalk you entered the West lot on down past the hotel and under the hotel where the busses Train/Transit center is located
- Continue on the same sidewalk into the East Side Economy parking and run the interior perimeter of the East lot, then back along the same sidewalk until you almost reach the hotel – End of Mile 2
- Run up the large concrete staircase to the right, entering the parking garage, and continue up to the platform to enter the parking garage
- Take the metal set of stairs to the 5th level, cross the barrier on the right and run up the concrete ramp leading up to the hotel plaza
- Run 2 loops around the plaza – End of Mile 3
About Westin Denver International Airport:
The Westin Denver International Airport is a modern 433,000-square-foot hotel that is a convenient destination for both business and leisure travelers at Denver International Airport (DEN). Each of the 519 spacious, well-appointed guest rooms, including 35 suites, offers ultimate comfort, innovative technology, and wall-to-wall windows with sweeping views of the Rocky Mountains and Colorado’s High Plains. Guests are provided with refreshing accommodations, such as Westin’s signature Heavenly® Bed and Heavenly® Bath, featuring the Heavenly® Shower, and can indulge in multiple dining venues that offer a variety of cuisines and nourishing SuperFoodsRx™ menu options. The hotel is home to a 37,500-square-foot conference center with a spectacular 10,000-square-foot pre-function area that showcases a panoramic three-story, floor-to-ceiling glass curtain wall. Guests can re-energize in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, recharge in the 11th floor indoor swimming pool and hot tub overlooking the iconic tent roof of the DEN terminal, or enjoy an event on the 82,000-square-foot open-air plaza. More adventure awaits guests who choose to experience downtown Denver via 37-minute commuter rail service, making conventions at the airport a world-class experience. For more information, visit http://www.westindenverairport.com.