It has been an incredible year of growth for our company, and we are thrilled to bring in new direct trade partners that have been recognized in this competition
San Diego, Calif. (PRWEB) September 28, 2017
Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, an award-winning San Diego based coffee roaster, announced today that they received six medals in the North American Compak Golden Bean Coffee Roasters Competition for best coffee roasting practices. They won four bronze medals in the Franchise/Chain categories, and a silver and gold medal in the espresso category. The awards were given at the competition in Portland, Oregon last week, involving more than 150 judges and three days of blind tasting. This year’s competition had more than 800 entries, a 25% increase from the prior year, and awards were granted in 10 categories. Last year, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters won three awards for roasting excellence in this event.
“It has been an incredible year of growth for our company, and we are thrilled to bring in new direct trade partners that have been recognized in this competition,” said Jeff Taylor, co-owner of Bird Rock Coffee Roasters and PTs Coffee Roasting Co. “As we celebrate international coffee day, we want our customers to experience the taste, quality, and origin of these rare and exceptional coffees from different parts of the globe.”
The details of the awards are as follows:
- Gold Award-Espresso. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Ethiopia Gedeo
- Silver Award-Espresso. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Duncan Estate*, Wine Process
- Bronze Award-Franchise/Chain: Filter. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Finca Kilimanjaro*, Natural
- Bronze Award-Franchise/Chain: Filter. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Finca Kilimanjaro*, “Burundi Process”
- Bronze Award-Franchise/Chain: Milk based. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Monkey Bite #2
- Bronze Award-Franchise/Chain: Espresso. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Shore Break Espresso
*Direct Trade Coffees
PTs Coffee Roasters, which owns Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, also scored silver and bronze medals in the Golden Bean Competition. For National Coffee Day on Friday, September 29th and through International Coffee Day on October 1, 2017, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters will have several of these award-winners available for purchase. The coffees that are available for sale in store and online, and are priced as follows:
- Silver Award-Espresso. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Duncan Estate Wine Process, 8oz., $18.00
- Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Ethiopia Gedeo, 12 oz., $21.00
- *Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Finca Kilimanjaro Natural, 8oz. $31.00
- * Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Finca Kilimanjaro “Burundi Process,” 8oz. $31.00
- Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Monkey Bite #2, 12oz., $20.00
And for each bag of Finca Kilimanjaro* coffee sold, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters will donate $5.00 to the International Women’s Coffee Alliance honoring these coffees from producer, Aida Battle.
For more information about Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, please visit: http://www.birdrockcoffee.com.
About Bird Rock Coffee Roasters
Bird Rock Coffee Roasters (BRCR) is proud to have put specialty, direct trade coffee on the map in San Diego. BRCR has won multiple national and international awards for quality, taste, roasting and socially responsible practices, including: Micro Roaster of the Year in 2012, the Good Food Award in 2016 and 2017, the #1 spot on Coffee Review’s “30 Best Coffees of 2016” and a consistent winner of scores over 90 points for several of their coffee selections. Bird Rock Coffee Roaster’s staff is sought after throughout the world to judge coffees, consult on experimental lots, and price lots based on their coffee expertise. Going beyond the perfect latte, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters has top quality professional roasters on site, pour-over bars featuring seasonal offerings; and weekly cuppings open to the public for a sneak peak into the newest offerings, the selection process, and all things coffee. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters engages in direct trade with farmers, and is proud to serve the best green coffee, prepared with the utmost respect for those who produced it. Bird Rock Coffee Roasters has three locations in San Diego. For more information, please visit http://www.birdrockcoffee.com