This event presents an opportunity for the DoD maintenance and sustainment communities to collectively influence strategies responding to emerging threats and evolving scenarios.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) October 02, 2017
The 2017 Department of Defense (DoD) Maintenance Symposium, which is hosted by SAE International, is the only forum sponsored and conducted by the Office of the Secretary of Defense that addresses maintenance of weapon systems and equipment. Organizers are pleased to announce impactful, thought-provoking programming at this year’s event set to take place December 4–7, 2017 at the Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, UT.
Conducted by the Office of the Secretary of Defense, this event connects more than 1,100 defense maintenance professionals for four content-packed days. In light of an ever-changing threat environment, transitions at various levels, and economic challenges, this event presents an opportunity for the DoD maintenance and sustainment communities to collectively influence strategies responding to emerging threats and evolving scenarios.
Key sessions at the 2017 event include:
- Sustainment Support – Sustaining Distributed Field Maintenance Activities in a Contested Environment (Known as the Senior Logisticians Roundtable) — Provides a dynamic and highly interactive exchange focused on senior Defense Logistics professionals’ ability to successfully adjust to operating in a contested battle-space, utilizing smaller, more geographically dispersed, and dynamic forces.
- Leveraging “Big Data” & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Implementations Across the Enterprise — Panelists will provide perspectives on how to leverage sustainment enterprise systems and the volumes of “big data” they produce. Ideas will also be discussed about major features of the “big data” ecosystem—to include how to improve data collection and storage, governance structures, interchange architectures, and routine deep analytics.
- Process Energy Management and Efficiency Implementation – Enterprise-Level Strategies for Implementing Energy Efficiencies to Reduce Energy Costs and Overall Energy Consumption — This very timely session leads attendees in a discussion with senior DoD and industry leaders on current process energy initiatives and the efficiencies gained from implementation.
- Tech Data, Intellectual Property, and Weapon System Sustainment — Discusses Intellectual Property Rights as a primary enabler for effective and efficient Weapon System Sustainment.
- A Maintainer’s View of Maintenance Challenges — After 16 years of continuous conflict and expeditionary maintenance and logistics operations, senior enlisted leaders, warrant officers and civilian production supervisors will address current issues, trends, and initiatives affecting frontline maintainers and DoD maintenance community.
“Our comprehensive agenda is structured to frame the key policy, strategy, resourcing, process, and technology issues affecting the maintenance and sustainment enterprise,” said Kenneth D. Watson, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Maintenance Policy and Programs. “Each and every attendee at this year’s Maintenance Symposium has the ability to affect how our community does business, making it an excellent opportunity to make a contribution directly to our national defense.”
During the event, attendees will also have access to the co-located Defense Logistics and Maintenance Exhibition (DMLE). The exhibits, hosted by SAE International, feature a range of products and solutions related to military and commercial maintenance technology, information systems, and management processes.
For more information and to register for the 2017 Department of Defense Maintenance Symposium, visit sae.org/events/dod/.
About SAE International
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 127,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
For more information: sae.org.