Aloft has reinvented the classroom experience for America's largest online public university, increased their student engagement by 400%, improved control over delivery resources and helped to reduce capital budget requirements.
PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) November 01, 2017
AccelerEd, a UMUC Ventures company, today announced the launch of Aloft by AccelerEd which provides cloud-based, student-focused, immersive learning environments for higher education. Aloft debuts at the EDUCAUSE 2017 annual conference, booth #S9, in Philadelphia from Oct. 31 to Nov. 2.
Student-focused. Educator-designed. Cloud-enabled.
Built with educators to meet the unique challenges of higher education, Aloft’s cloud-based platform helps educational institutions to deliver digital resources and hands-on experiences on an unparalleled scale. Aloft by AccelerEd is a scalable, flexible and cost-efficient alternative to conventional capital-intensive virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and desktop as a service (DaaS) systems.
“Aloft is game-changing for higher education,” commented Greg M. Smith, AccelerEd vice president. “Today’s students are diverse, mobile and online. Aloft has reinvented the classroom experience for America’s largest online public university, increased their student engagement by 400%, improved control over delivery resources and helped to reduce capital budget requirements. We’re proud to offer this capability to other universities helping to further student engagement and outcomes.”
Accessible, Scalable Solutions
With nearly 29% of all higher education students enrolled in online classes, higher education must evolve to meet the needs of today’s students. Aloft enables the next generation of learning with easy access to digital applications and dynamic, hands-on learning environments.
With Aloft Everywhere, virtual learning environments are everywhere the student is.
- Available 24/7 across a wide range of platforms and devices
- Customizable – all course materials, tools and projects in one place
- Mobile accessible
- No expensive hardware or software requirements for students
- Persistent student experience based on preferences
- Integration with your directory services, including single sign-on
Scenario-based exercises build on the Aloft Everywhere platform to create immersive learning environments to prepare students for mission-critical careers, ranging from environmental management to cybersecurity.
Aloft Immersion’s secure, experiential platform provides an interactive environment for students to learn and practice sophisticated simulations. Through this platform, students can:
- Experiment in a Sandbox testing environment that allows them to “play” within confined limits, yet replicates the functionality needed to test programs or other development code
- Engage in digital forensics to collect and analyze evidence from digital media
- Perform ethical hacking exercises in a secure environment
- Be immersed in real-world, hands-on scenarios to enhance their learning
Aloft Passport brings technology to the students, not students to the computer lab. Institutions can offer highly-specialized graphic, data and other computer-intensive applications to students on demand, streamed from the cloud to their browser for instant access - even on low-cost devices. No more waiting for software downloads and limited capacity.
Passport offers students and institutions:
- More hands-on and collaborative learning with sophisticated, course-specific software
- New opportunities to integrate advanced technologies into curricula
- Proven scalability to meet peak usage periods
- All required software applications available, operable, configured and validated
- Significant reduction in institutional capital investment that improves operational budgeting and flexibility
AccelerEd’s innovative solutions and services advance operational efficiency for higher education institutions. We implement advanced technology solutions that allow institutions to leverage technology more efficiently and free education leaders and administrators to focus on student outcomes. AccelerEd is a portfolio company of UMUC Ventures. To learn more about AccelerEd, please visit http://www.AccelerEd.com.