CHICAGO (PRWEB) November 21, 2017
Little Giraffe Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to funding neonatal research and supporting families and premature babies in the NICU, announces today the 14 recipients of the foundation’s 2017 NICU Support Grants.
“After thoughtful consideration, our board of directors is pleased to announce this year’s grant recipients. We believe that each of these organizations will make excellent use of their requested funds to help support their respective medical facility’s NICU unit,” said Amanda Santoro, co-founder and president of the Little Giraffe Foundation.
This year’s Little Giraffe Foundation’s NICU Support Grant recipients are as follows:
- Comanche County Memorial Hospital, Lawton, OK -- to receive $800 toward their Pics for Preemies program for cameras and SD Disks
- Children’s Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN -- to receive $1,000 for food and hygiene products for NICU parents
- Baptist Health Floyd, Floyd Memorial Foundation, New Albany, IN -- to receive $650 toward mamaRoo infant seats for NICU babies
- Epic Homeschool Network, Inc., Austell, GA -- to receive $1,000 toward their Gift Bag Program to provide books/toys to NICU families at WellStar Cobb Hospital in Austell, GA
- The Tiny Miracles Foundation, Darien, CT -- to receive $1,000 toward their NICU Pantry Program for stocking food in the family rooms at five area hospitals
- The Family Childbirth & Children’s Center at Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD -- to receive $650 toward their Soothing Care to NICU Infants Program for mamaRoo infant seats and corresponding seat inserts
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, CA -- to receive $1,000 toward their Be There for Baby Program for food vouchers and transportation assistance for NICU families
- University of Mississippi, Children’s of Mississippi Hospital, Jackson, MS -- to receive $1,000 toward The Kangaroo Care Project for Joeyband SleepBelts for NICU infants
- Franciscan Health Foundation-Lafayette, Lafayette, IN -- to receive $390 for car seats for discharged NICU babies
- Queens Hospital Center, New York City, NY -- to receive $650 toward mamaRoo infant seats and corresponding seat inserts for NICU infants
- Children’s Hospital Foundation, Norton Children’s Hospital, Louisville, KY -- to receive $1,000 toward their Food and Gas Voucher Program for gas and restaurant gift cards to NICU families
- Rockdale Medical Center, Conyers, GA -- to receive $1,000 toward their NICU Family Support Program for gas gift cards, journals, children’s books, and meal cards for eligible families
- Franciscan Health Foundation-Chicago Heights, Chicago Heights, IL -- to receive $999 for 111 sleep sacks for NICU infants to aid in safe sleep practices
- Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL -- to receive $500 for their Beads of Courage Program for NICU families
“The Little Giraffe Foundation is proud to fund these honorable organizations and the work they do for their NICU communities” said Mike Santoro, co-founder of the Little Giraffe Foundation. “It is only through the help of our monetary donors and volunteers each year that we are able to fund multiple NICU programs throughout the nation and truly make a difference in the lives of NICU patients and their families. We would like to thank everyone for their generosity this year in particular for making this year’s grants possible. We are excited for the upcoming year and hope to provide even greater support to programs like these in 2018.”
To learn more about the Little Giraffe Foundation and its efforts to aid in NICU patient and family support, as well as neonatal medical research, please visit: http://www.littlegiraffefoundation.org/ and follow the organization’s news on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/LittleGiraffeFoundation.
About the Little Giraffe Foundation
The Little Giraffe Foundation is national 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Chicago dedicated to supporting parents and patients of the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Since 2011 the foundation has delivered more than 11,000 holiday gift bags and funded over $176,000 in neonatal medical research and NICU support grants.