I am very proud of this thoughtful portfolio of cost-effective NT-EZ branded services. They effectively remove the most common barriers to high performance computing.
MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) November 28, 2017
Leading Linux expert Nor-Tech, just announced a comprehensive suite of HPC solutions for easy deployment, operation and maintenance. It is a brilliant response to well-known obstacles that have prevented many organizations from taking advantage of high performance computing.
Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig said, “I am very proud of this thoughtful portfolio of cost-effective NT-EZ branded services. They effectively remove the most common barriers to high performance computing.”
Nor-Tech’s six NT-EZ solutions include:
- NT-EZ Remote Visualization: Storage access too slow? With NT-EZ Remote Visualization, big data files don’t have to be transferred to the user’s location to be viewed for post processing. Only keyboard, mouse and screen bits travel to the user location.
- NT-EZ Storage Guard: This monitors cluster storage usage and alerts the user if available storage is reaching critically low levels. This keeps clusters stable and reliable. Without this feature, the client will run out of storage without warning causing the cluster job to crash.
- NT-EZ SATM (System Ambient Temperature Monitor): This prevents cluster failure due to excessive heat. SATM emails alerts to the client warning that the server room ambient temperature is too high. When the ambient temperature climbs above a preset threshold the cluster is gracefully shutdown.
- NT-EZ RCR Rapid Cluster Recovery/Bare Metal Backup: Run manual cluster backups or schedule backups seamlessly. This not only backs up the cluster data, but also backs up an image of both the data and the OS. In the event of a disaster the whole cluster software and applications environment can easily be recovered. This adds a level of reliability to our clusters that many competitors don’t provide.
- NT-EZ Remote Monitoring & Management: This provides an easy way for our clients to use and manage complex equipment such as a High Performance Compute Cluster without HPC expertise in-house. This service is provided on either a scheduled basis or an as needed basis. The scheduled service allows us to find and fix small problems before they become disasters. This service is sold in blocks of hours ahead of when the service may be needed.
- NT-EZ Open OnDemand© Plus: This delivers a GUI through a browser instead of only a CLI. Use NT-EZ Open OnDemand Plus instead of cryptic file editors and Linux utilities, which are not user friendly. Nor-Tech adapted Open OnDemand Plus to work with Open HPC our most prevalent Open Source cluster management suite.
“We listen and effectively respond to our clients,” Bollig said. “Of course, everyone says they listen, but the difference with Nor-Tech is that we don’t quit until we have a solution. This is one of the many ways that we continue to outshine our competitors.”
For more information on Nor-Tech’s NT-EZ suite of HPC cluster solutions visit: https://www.nor-tech.com/solutions/nt-ez/.
Nor-Tech is on CRN’s list of the top 40 Data Center Infrastructure Providers along with Dell, HPE and Lenovo; and is a cluster builder for 2015 and 2017 Nobel Physics Award-winning projects. Nor-Tech is renowned throughout the scientific, academic, and business communities for easy to deploy turnkey clusters and expert, no wait time support. Two Nor-Tech HPC cluster clients have won Nobel Physics Prizes (2015 and 2017). All of Nor-Tech’s technology is made by Nor-Tech in Minnesota and supported by Nor-Tech around the world. In addition to HPC clusters, Nor-Tech’s custom technology includes workstations, desktops, and servers for a range of applications including CAE, CFD, and FEA. Nor-Tech engineers average 20+ years of experience and are responsible for significant high performance computing innovations. The company has been in business since 1998 and is headquartered in Burnsville, Minn. just outside of Minneapolis. To contact Nor-Tech call 952-808-1000/toll free: 877-808-1010 or visit http://www.nor-tech.com. Full release at: http://www.nor-tech.com/category/news/. Media Contact: Jeanna Van Rensselar, Smart PR Communications; jeanna(at)smartprcommunications(dot)com.