DENVER (PRWEB) November 30, 2017
Investments & Wealth Institute® (formerly IMCA®) announced the appointment of four officers and two new director members to its 2018-2019 volunteer board of directors. The 13-member board of directors of the Investments & Wealth Institute guides the organization as the fiduciary, policy-setting, and strategic governing body of the organization.
The Board officers who will begin two-year terms commencing January 1, 2018 are:
- Kevin Sánchez, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®, has been elected to the role of chairperson of the 13-member board of directors. Sanchez is Senior Vice President–Investments, Senior Institutional Consultant, UBS Institutional Consulting, Walnut Creek, CA. In his role at UBS, he works with private clients and boards of nonprofit organizations, foundations, and endowments on investment policies, portfolio design and implementation, and fiduciary liability review. A board member since 2012, Sanchez has served as treasurer, vice-chairman of the board, and chair of the Annual Conference Committee.
- David Koulish, CPWA®, CFP® has been elected to the role of vice-chair. Koulish is Senior Vice President and Manager–Wealth Management Investment Risk and Compliance, Northern Trust, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Koulish has more than 30 years of experience in portfolio and wealth management, focused on developing and implementing investment strategies to help clients transfer, preserve, and grow their wealth. A board member since 2012, he has served as treasurer, and as chair of the Investments & Wealth Monito r Editorial Advisory Board.
- Dorothy Bossung, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP® has been elected to the executive committee, and will serve as secretary, chair the Appeals Board and, the Strategic Retirement Advisory Council. Bossung is Vice President at Lowery Asset Consulting, a Chicago-based registered investment advisory firm. She joined the Institute’s board of directors in 2014, and has served on the CIMA Certification Commission and as chair of the CPWA Certification Commission.
- Todd Wagenberg, CIMA® has been elected to the executive committee, and will serve as chair of the finance, audit and investments committee. Wagenberg is Managing Partner at Integrated Investment Consultants, LLC, a registered investment advisory firm in Birmingham, MI. Wagenberg joined the Institute’s board of directors in 2015. He also serves as chair of the Institute’s Technical Advisory Board, and has served on the CIMA Certification Commission.
The incoming board directors who commence two-year terms on January 1, 2018, are:
- Elizabeth "Libet" Anderson, CIMA® — Vice President, Advisory, Products & Planning, at Protective Life/ProEquities, Inc., Birmingham, AL. Before joining ProEquities, Anderson was director of guided solutions at Edward Jones where she led development on their first advisor directed fee-based solution. She has held a variety of leadership positions at Sterne Agee Asset Management, Edward Jones, and Pioneer Investments, Inc. She earned her CIMA certification in 2008 and currently chairs the Annual Conference Committee.
- Noel Pacarro Brown, CIMA®, CPWA® — First Vice President, Financial Advisor, and Senior Investment Management Consultant, The Pacarro Group at Morgan Stanley, a comprehensive wealth management team with clients across the country based in Honolulu, Hawaii. Pacarro’s focus with the practice, is Family Wealth Advising, Institutional Management, and Investing with Impact. She has been a long-time champion of impact investing and advocate of Women and Wealth, and sits on multiple non-profit boards.
The Institute’s current chair, Scott Thayer, CIMA®—Former Institutional Consulting Director, Graystone Consulting, Santa Rosa, CA, will serve additional terms as past chair through 2019. Completing board terms in 2017 are John Nersesian, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP® and Stewart Koesten, CIMA®, M.S.F.S., CFP®.
For additional information, contact Greta Gloven, director of communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-850-3079.
# # #
About the Investments & Wealth Institute
Established in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute, formerly known as IMCA, is a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics. Through its publications, events, assessment-based certificate programs, and advanced certifications, the Institute delivers premier-quality, practical education to advanced practitioners in more than 38 countries.
The Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification is the peak international, technical portfolio construction program for investment consultants, analysts, financial advisors and wealth management professionals. The CIMA program is distinctive as one of only a few global certifications in financial services to meet international accreditation and quality standards (ANSI/ISO 17024) for personnel certification programs. The Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is an advanced professional certification for advisors who serve high-net-worth clients. It’s designed for seasoned professionals who seek the latest, most advanced knowledge and techniques to address the sophisticated needs of clients with a minimum net worth of $5 million. Unlike credentials that focus specifically on investing or financial planning, the CPWA program takes a holistic and multidisciplinary approach.
The Investments & Wealth InstituteTM, IMCA®, Investment Management Consultants Association®, CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, Certified Investment Management ConsultantSM, CPWA®, Certified Private Wealth Advisor®, RMA(SM), and Retirement Management AdvisorSM are trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. doing business as the Investments & Wealth Institute. The Investments & Wealth Institute does not discriminate in educational opportunities or any other characteristic protected by law.