Senior leaders in these organizations understand the critical strategic role learning has, and they are committed to investing in the growth and development of their people.
Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) October 05, 2017
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) honored 40 organizations from Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, Taiwan, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States as winners in the 2017 BEST Awards. Western Union, headquartered in Englewood, Colorado won the first place ranking. TELUS and Wipro Limited received ATD’s Best of the BEST Award. The Best of the BEST Award goes to organizations that win the BEST Award 10 or more times. Companies were recognized during a ceremony held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center outside of Washington, D.C.
“These 40 organizations are solving business challenges through talent development practices, and they are doing it in innovative ways,” said Tony Bingham, ATD President and CEO. “Senior leaders in these organizations understand the critical strategic role learning has, and they are committed to investing in the growth and development of their people.”
ATD’s BEST Award is the talent development industry’s most rigorous and coveted recognition. The global program recognizes organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success through talent development.
The 2017 BEST Award winners shared their winning strategies at the Learn from the BEST conference preceding the awards ceremony and are profiled in a special section of the October issue of TD, ATD’s flagship magazine.
ATD received entries from 175 organizations in 11 countries. These organizations submitted quantitative and qualitative information about their talent development practices and programs. Applications were assessed in a rigorous blind review by 41 members of the BEST Awards advisory committee, a group of experts in the field.
The 2017 BEST Award winners:
Best of the BEST:
TELUS – Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wipro Limited – Bangalore, India
1. Western Union, Englewood, Colorado
2. Valvoline Instant Oil Change, A Business of Valvoline, Lexington, Kentucky
3. Hitachi Data Systems, Santa Clara, California
4. Turkcell İletisim Hizmetleri A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
5. IBM, Armonk, New York
6. Florida Blue, Jacksonville, Florida
7. Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai, India
8. Infosys BPO, Bangalore, India
9. The Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hong Kong
10. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd., Mumbai, India
11. OptumRx, Eden Prarie, Minnesota
12. Fatima Fertilizer Company Limited, Sadiqbad, Pakistan
13. Moneris, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
14. Signature Consultants, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
15. Genpact, Delhi, India
16. Miami Children’s Health System, Miami, Florida
17. Emirates NBD, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
18. NTPC Ltd., New Delhi, India
19. U.S. Security Associates, Inc., Roswell, Georgia
20. ITU AbsorbTech, New Berlin, Wisconsin
21. University Health System, San Antonio, Texas
22. Hayat Varlık Yönetim A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
23. Ryan LLC, Dallas, Texas
24. Lupin Limited, Mumbai, India
25. JTH Group, Hong Kong
26. Persistent Systems Ltd., Pune, India
27. Busey, Champaign, Illinois
28. Verizon, New York, New York
29. Apple Federal Credit Union, Fairfax, Virginia
30. G4S Secure Solutions (USA), Jupiter, Florida
31. N2 Publishing, Wilmington, North Carolina
32. HireRight LLC, Irvine, California
33. United Services Automobile Association (USAA), San Antonio, Texas
34. Haier Group, Qingdao, China
35. Aditya Birla Capital Limited, Mumbai, India
36. iProspect, New York, New York
37. Cigna Corporation, Bloomfield, Connecticut
38. Cathay United Bank Co. Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan
In addition, 20 companies on this list have been BEST Award winners for three years or more. They are:
Cigna Corporation, Florida Blue, G4S Secure Solutions (USA), Genpact, IBM, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd., Infosys BPO, ITU Absorbtech, Lupin Limited, OptumRx, Ryan LLC, Tata Consultancy Services, TELUS, United Services Automobile Association (USAA), University Health System, U.S. Security Associates, Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Verizon, Western Union, and Wipro Limited.
More information about the 2017 BEST Award winners may be found in the October 2017 issue of TD magazine. Details about the 2018 program will be available in January 2018.
ATD thanks program sponsors Box of Crayons, GP Strategies, LUMA Institute, and Omnikron Systems for supporting excellence in talent development.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) is the world’s largest professional membership organization supporting those who develop the knowledge and skills of employees, improve performance, and help to achieve results for the organizations they serve. Originally established in 1943, the association was previously known as the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD). ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. ATD supports talent development professionals who gather locally in volunteer-led U.S. chapters and international member networks, and with international strategic partners. For more information, visit http://www.td.org.