Participating homes in the Modern Architecture + Design Society’s first-ever DC-Metro Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 7th, in and around the Washington DC-Metro area.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 18, 2017
The Modern Architecture + Design Society is hosting the inaugural DC-Metro Modern Home Tour on Saturday, October 7, 2017. During the self-guided event, tour-goers will get the inside scoop from homeowners on what it’s like to live in a cutting-edge modern home, and learn directly from the on-site architects, builders and designers how they find inspiration for these fascinating residences. This is every DC-area resident’s chance to see the inside of ‘that amazing house on the block…’
Spirit of Place / Spirit of Design has been named the DC-Metro Modern Home Tour’s local non-profit beneficiary. The group was founded in 1993 by Travis Price, a featured architect on the Modern Home Tour. Spirit of Place will help staff the event, in return for a small donation and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle to help further their mission.
Local real estate group Contemporary Listings has partnered with the Modern Architecture + Design Society to help curate the tour. As a resource for buying and selling modern homes in DC, MD, & VA, they have been integral in finding some of this year’s featured homes, mostly privately owned.
Five homes have been accepted and confirmed for the 2017 DC-Metro Modern Home Tour. Participating architects and designers, and featured neighborhoods include:
(1) Hidden away near Rock Creek Park, see a modern home designed by Travis Price Architects, which features a street side facade of copper, and a park side rear clad with transparent super-insulated glazing.
(2) A second Travis Price Architects home, located in Embassy Row that features expansive walls and walkways of glass inside.
(3) A just-finished gut renovation by FORMA Design, Inc. of a 3-story row house, located around the corner from Logan Circle, that features a completely modern take built into a traditional downtown Washington townhome exterior.
(4) A giant modern home made of wood and stone designed by Mark McInturff and located in McLean, VA.
(5) A third Travis Price home, located right next door to the first, is an elegant masterpiece featuring open spaces and tons of glass.
Participating homes in the Modern Architecture + Design Society’s first-ever DC-Metro Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 7th, in and around the Washington DC-Metro area. Tickets for the home tour are $40. Kids under 10 are free when accompanying their parents. A VIP ticket is also available. For more details, to see a current roster of homes with details and photos, and to buy tickets for the DC-Metro Modern Home Tour, visit: http://mads.media/2017-dc-metro-mads-modern-home-tour
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project.