Participating homes in the 2017 Seattle MA+DS Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, April 29th, in the Seattle area. All are invited to attend.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 03, 2017
The Seattle MA+DS Home Tour returns on the last Saturday in April, giving Seattleites the opportunity once again to explore a curated selection of homes that exemplify modern architecture and design, right in their own city. Visitors will get the inside scoop from homeowners on what it’s like to live in a modern home, and talk to the architects to find out from where the inspiration for design comes.
Last summer, Modern Home Tours LLC became the Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS) - a new multi-media entity that aims to create a vibrant, global community of modern architecture and design enthusiasts. The goal: to deliver and provide a unique experience and opportunity through multiple platforms that inspire engagement with the people, places, and things that define the “modern” movement and enrich the collective appreciation of modern architecture, design, and style. Still the heart of the MA+DS operation, the self-driven and self-paced Modern Home Tours provide rare inside looks at some of the most stunning, privately-owned modern homes in cities across the continent each year.
The Seattle Architecture Foundation has been named the tour’s local non-profit beneficiary, continuing a solid partnership for a fifth year in a row. They will help staff the event, in return for a donation and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle.
Participants and homes featured on the 2017 Seattle MA+DS Home Tour include:
- A contemporary home designed by Gloria Andrade and Mark Wilson, located the Madison Park
- A new modern home on the west slope of Phinney Ridge by Coates Design Architects
- An urban retreat designed by Lane Williams Architects that sits atop Queen Anne Hill
- One of the “Residences on Fairview” homes, located on Wards Cove, designed by atelierjones
- A modernizing update by Best Practice Architecture to a 100-year-old home in Roanoke Park
- A renovation and addition to the “MTM Residence”, designed by babienko Architects, located near Woodland Park
- A new home by Barcelo Homes overlooking Lake Washington, currently for sale by the developers.
- A modern home just completed by Dwell Development and JA Architects in the Mt. Baker neighborhood.
The Seattle MA+DS Home tour is presented by Marvin Windows and Doors. Additional promotional considerations are offered by media sponsor Gray Magazine and 360Modern.com.
Participating homes in the 2017 Seattle MA+DS Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, April 29th, in the Seattle area. All are invited to attend. Tickets to see all homes are $35 in advance online; $40 on the day of the tour. For details on ticket purchases and a full descriptions of all participants with photos can be found on the Seattle MA+DS Home Tour event page.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!