Different providers of healthcare services or products must now use seven different CMS-855 forms, which are long, detailed, and sometimes confusing.
DURHAM, N.C. (PRWEB) January 19, 2018
AudioEducator, a division of audio conference and corporate education leader ProEdTech, will host the live webinar “Medicare Enrollment Update for 2018” with healthcare consultant Duane C. Abbey on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at 1:00 pm ET. This session will address the Medicare enrollment process through the use of the various CMS-855 forms.
Enrolling with the Medicare program involves various CMS-855 forms. The Medicare program uses a revalidation process to periodically require all healthcare providers to resubmit their 855 forms in order to assure that compliance is being maintained. Over time, the use and guidance for the enrollment process continues to morph, even though there is no change in guidance. This occurs through interpretations and clarifying guidance.
There are now seven different forms that must be used by different providers of healthcare services or products. These forms are long, detailed, and sometimes confusing. Not only must they be filed initially for a given provider, they must be maintained and updated as appropriate. Due to the increasing complexity of healthcare delivery systems, providers, such as integrated delivery systems or large multi-specialty clinics, may have to maintain hundreds of these forms. Join this session, where healthcare consultant Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. will review the Medicare enrollment process through the use of the various CMS-855 forms.
This session--designed for claim-filing personnel, coding and billing personnel, compliance personnel, and financial personnel—will cover:
- Medicare enrollment process through the use of various CMS-855 forms
- Changes to the CMS-855 forms and/or changes in interpretations of the forms
- The revalidation process for various CMS-855 forms
- The CMS conditions of payment (CoPs)
- The Medicare concerns surrounding billing and payment for services and supplies
- Organizational structuring changes, such as with provider-based clinics
- The purpose and use of the six different CMS-855 forms along with the new CMS-855-POH
- The concept of opt-out physicians and practitioners
- How opt-out physicians can and/or should enroll in the Medicare program
- How Part-D coverage is impacted by the enrollment process
- The fuss about ordering/referring physicians
- The revalidation process and associated challenges
- How other required reporting, such as the NPIs and provider-based reporting, relate to Medicare enrollment
- The need to develop organizational resources to maintain multiple CMS-855 forms
- Proper use of the Internet-based PECOS process
- Current and anticipated changes for maintaining billing privileges with Medicare
- The need to establish contact with knowledgeable personnel at the MAC and/or RO
- And several case studies
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.AudioEducator.com/hospitals-and-health-systems/medicare-enrollment-process-cms-855-form-update.html.
ProEdTech is a leading source of knowledge and training for professionals in over 15 industries, serving individuals, businesses and their employees around the globe. It offers webinars, online conferences, seminars, boot camps, books, DVDs, white papers, industry reports and other learning tools from industry experts and insiders who provide a fresh perspective on key issues, trends and regulations in order to simplify governance, risk and compliance (GRC) for enterprises and industry professionals.
ProEdTech’s AudioEducator webinars offer updates, regulatory knowledge and information on the latest news in various medical specialties, as well as coding and billing updates, and analysis of regulations that affect ambulatory surgical centers, home health, long term care and hospice facilities, hospitals and healthcare systems, health insurers and physician practices. Webinars are also offered through AudioSolutionz in the technology, human resources, construction and housing, ICT and telecom, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods and retail, safety and security, transportation, energy and environment, education, trade, and chemicals industries. ProEdTech’s Eli Financial platform offers tax and banking professionals, focusing on providing high-quality online training products customized for U.S. lenders and tax practitioners that include the latest updates from the IRS, CFPB and other regulatory authorities. Lawyers across the United States depend on Eli CLE for top quality online continuing legal education (CLE) programs, which can be completed for MCLE credits.
ProEdTech regularly provides professionals the opportunity to get answers to their most complex questions directly from experts, without having to attend costly live conferences. To learn more, visit: - http://proedtech.com.