Our goal is to help further connect this global community of authors, maintain excellence and integrity of the book publishing industry, and raise awareness that the stories being told and the authors who write them are worth our attention.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (PRWEB) January 22, 2018
Organizers of the Author Academy Awards are accepting entries beginning today from authors throughout the world for its 2018 awards program. The Author Academy Awards is an honor bestowed for literary merit and publishing excellence in the writing and publishing industry.
Authors and those interested in nominating an author can visit http://authoracademyawards.com to submit an entry. Entries must be submitted by midnight PST on Aug. 1, 2018, for consideration. For the inaugural year, all books will be considered for the genres listed that have been published before July 1, 2018. No books published after this date are eligible.
“The number of books being published on an annual basis continues to explode,” said Kary Oberbrunner, founder of Author Academy Elite and the Author Academy Awards. “Our goal is to help further connect this global community of authors, maintain excellence and integrity of the book publishing industry, and raise awareness that the stories being told and the authors who write them are worth our attention.”
Authors interested in submitting their book can choose from the following 16 categories: General Nonfiction, Advice, Self-Help, Business, Memoir, Health, Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, Science Fiction, YA and Middle Grade, Children's, Historical Fiction, General Fiction, and Religion.
Authors of all kinds—indie (self-published), traditional, or collaborative published—may be considered for the award. Entries will be reviewed and evaluated on popular vote, social contribution, and overall presentation (cover, content, flow, and originality) by the Academy's voting membership comprised of best-selling authors, literary agents and industry leaders. There is no fee to submit an entry.
Winners will be announced at the Author Academy Awards ceremony on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018, at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, 8700 Lyra Drive, Columbus, Ohio.
The day of the awards ceremony begins with the top ten finalists in each category invited to present their book synopsis at the Author Academy Awards Red Carpet Sessions at 2:30 p.m., followed with an Author Academy Awards VIP Dinner at 5 p.m., a Red Carpet Photo Shoot at 6:30 p.m. and the Author Academy Awards Ceremony at 7 p.m.
The winner in each category will be invited to give an acceptance speech at the Award Ceremony and will also receive:
- The Academy Boon of Merit Award.
- Press release and media story presented to their hometown press by a professional PR firm.
- Their name and book highlighted on the Read to Lead Podcast (over 2 million downloads).
- A Private Group Coaching Session for all First Prize Winners with a YouTube Consultant on how to leverage your book with video.
- Traditional Media and Social Media press including features on select podcasts, shows, vlogs, blogs, and articles.
- Lifetime access to 30 Days to a Bigger Stage Experience, an online program helping authors get publicity for their book.
- The opportunity to present their book synopsis at the Igniting Souls Conference main stage on the days immediately following Author Academy Awards in front of a global audience.
About the Author Academy Awards
The Author Academy Awards is an award bestowed for literary merit and publishing excellence in the writing and publishing industry. It is presented annually by Author Academy Elite, a premium service provider for authors, at the Author Academy Awards Ceremony. For more information on the awards, visit http://authoracademyawards.com.
# # #