“Still burdened with manual processes across different systems and documents, the wholesale industry needs one platform where brands and retail buyers can connect for faster, easier, and smarter transactions across all of their business relationships."
NEW YORK (PRWEB) March 27, 2018
JOOR, the world’s largest digital wholesale marketplace, today announced the official launch of the JOOR Retailer Platform. Built with input from development partner Neiman Marcus Group (NMG), which includes Neiman Marcus, the catalog and ecommerce business Neiman Marcus Direct and Bergdorf Goodman, the platform consists of a website and the industry’s first iPad app designed specifically for the retail buyer’s role in the digital wholesale marketplace. This launch complements the JOOR Brand Platform, the industry-standard software that transforms the often-inefficient and highly-manual wholesale selling process for brands.
Throughout development of the Retailer Platform, JOOR worked closely with a dedicated team of buyers and IT professionals from NMG, identifying industry-wide challenges that included manual, paper-driven, time-consuming and sometimes error-prone processes. The result: the JOOR Retailer Platform, a true “by buyers, for buyers” mobile-first system that revolutionizes wholesale buying by digitizing processes from start to finish. In early testing of the platform, retail buyers reported a 40 percent increase in productivity and 30 percent reduction in appointment times, both of which also benefit brands that subscribe to the JOOR Brand Platform.
The JOOR Retailer Platform addresses top challenges cited by retailers, including:
- Retailer Challenge: Buyers have a disjointed view of brands’ collections, limiting their ability to plan assortments efficiently across many brands.
- JOOR Solution: Buyers can view all of their brands’ complete collections, create merchandised looks, plan assortments and then simply click to buy, all in one single digital hub.
- Retailer Challenge: Inefficient processes and disparate systems make it difficult for retail buyers to know if they are making optimal merchandising decisions and staying within budget.
- JOOR Solution: The integrated Budget Tracker provides a unified view of all planned purchases and delivers real-time insights on where a buyer stands versus their budget.
- Retailer Challenge: Buyers’ lack of visibility into what others across their retail organization are purchasing.
- JOOR Solution: A Collaborative Buying feature that enables buying team members to communicate in-app and create synergistic purchases across departments and locations.
JOOR’s latest technology also benefits brands, including:
Ability to view all of their retailers, take and manage orders and gain real-time sales insights all in one single digital hub, also on iPad app and website
Better and faster order processing with retailers who use JOOR: reduction in duplicate orders, fewer canceled orders and styles, and faster order confirmations.
"Collaborating with JOOR to modernize the team's approach to market aligns with Neiman Marcus' longstanding tradition of innovation and retail leadership," stated Nathan Johnson, Senior Vice President, Merchandise Planning, Neiman Marcus Group. "We see JOOR as an important tool to reduce friction in the purchase order process, freeing up merchant time to focus on driving assortment differentiation. When this increased efficiency is coupled with improved real-time visibility into buying decisions we believe there is tremendous potential to not only improve sales and margins, but, more importantly, to improve the customer experience."
“Still burdened with manual processes across different systems and documents, the wholesale industry needs one platform where brands and retail buyers can connect for faster, easier, and smarter transactions across all of their business relationships. JOOR is that platform, and partnering with an industry leader and innovator like Neiman Marcus Group is an important confirmation of this industry need and our vision,”stated JOOR CEO Kristin Savilia.
JOOR is the world’s largest digital wholesale marketplace, connecting the best brands and top retailers for faster, easier, smarter wholesale business. The only platform serving the needs of both buyers and sellers, JOOR helps more than 3,000 brands and 175,000 retail locations to rid themselves of manual processes and grow their businesses through more efficient and impactful order processing, assortment planning, and analytics. JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Los Angeles, London, Milan, Paris and Melbourne/Sydney. For more information, visit http://www.jooraccess.com.