(PRWEB) April 02, 2018
Today, Stadium, the industry’s only 24/7 all-platform sports network, announced the premiere of Baseball Stories, a weekly series featuring one-of-a-kind conversations between veteran baseball writer Jayson Stark, and a lineup of baseball’s biggest names. The first episode will air at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 10th exclusively across Stadium’s broadcast and digital offerings.
Baseball Stories will give Stadium viewers a unique look into the on and off-field moments, thoughts, and happenings marking the lives and careers of an outstanding lineup of past and present baseball stars, including two Cy Young award winners, five league MVPs, an elite member of the 500 homerun club and a collective 30+ All-Star game appearances and 10 total World Series rings among them.
"The coolest thing about doing this series with Stadium is having the chance to sit down with a group of people who share an incredible passion for baseball and present it in a format that allows the world to see that passion as vividly as people inside the game see it," said Stark. "On Baseball Stories, we’re going to let them tell their favorite stories, in their own words. And I’m really excited to play my part in letting the world hear those stories, in the kind of personal, informal setting you rarely see.”
The full list of Baseball Stories’ interview guests scheduled to appear will include:
- Mark McGwire, San Diego Padres bench coach, 12-time All-Star, 2-time World Series Champion, 583 career homeruns (hit 70 HR in 1998).
- Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees outfielder, 2017’s most-prized acquisition, 4-time All-Star and 2017 National League MVP.
- Terry Francona, Cleveland Indians manager, 2-time World Series champion, 2-time American League manager of the year.
- Max Scherzer, Washington Nationals pitcher, 3-time Cy Young Award winner, 5-time All-Star, 2000+ career strikeouts, two career no-hitters.
- Justin Turner, Los Angeles Dodgers third baseman, 2017 NLCS MVP.
- Buck Showalter, Baltimore Orioles Manager, 3-time American League Manager of the Year.
- Justin Verlander, Houston Astros starting pitcher, 2017 World Series champion, 2011 American League MVP, A.L. Cy Young Award winner, 6-time All-Star, 2011 pitching Triple Crown winner, 2006 A.L. Rookie of the Year, ALCS MVP, 4-time A.L. strikeout leader, two career no-hitters.
- Hank Azaria, 6-time Emmy Award winner, current star of IFC’s acclaimed baseball themed show, Brockmire.
- Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays third baseman, 3-time All-Star, 2015 American League MVP, 2-time Silver Slugger.
- Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox second baseman, 4-time All-Star, 2-time World Series Champion, 2008 American League MVP.
- Adam Jones, Baltimore Orioles outfielder, 5-time All-Star, 4-time Gold Glove Award winner.
- Jeff Luhnow, Houston Astros General Manager and architect of the 2017 World Series champions, 2017 MLB Executive of the Year.
- Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies third baseman, 3-time All-Star, only IF to win Gold Glove in each of first 5 MLB seasons, 3 straight Silver Slugger awards.
Baseball Stories marks an important step in Stadium’s programming evolution as the fast-growing network continues to expand its offering beyond live and classic games and live studio coverage. Stadium plans to leverage the ‘Stories’ franchise by extending into other sports and into additional original programming initiatives.
“Baseball Stories offers a great opportunity to begin Stadium's push into original content, and this is just the beginning,” said Adam Anshell, Stadium Managing Director, Operations. “Stadium will continue to serve sports fans by telling the untold stories and bringing more engaging, original content to our audiences.”
The 30-minute Baseball Stories episodes will air across Stadium’s broadcast and digital outlets on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. ET, with the first episode scheduled for Tuesday, April 10th featuring 2-time World Series champion and San Diego Padres Bench Coach, Mark McGwire. Stadium’s signature studio show ‘The Rally,’ will be moved to 6-7 p.m. ET on Tuesday nights to immediately precede each episode and will include appearances from Stark to preview the evening’s episode. For more Baseball Stories details, visit WatchStadiumStories.com.
Stadium, which launched its linear, 24/7 operation in August 2017, is available on WatchStadium.com, the Stadium iOS, tvOS, Android TV and Android mobile apps, Twitter (@WatchStadium) and dedicated channels on Roku and Pluto TV. Stadium can also be viewed via free over-the-air broadcast in over 75 markets and is retransmitted to more than 25 cable markets nationwide. A full list of channels and ways to watch Stadium can be found here: https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/.\
Stadium is the original multi-platform sports network featuring exclusive live and on-demand games and events, extensive highlights, classic games, original programming, and daily live studio programming. Stadium includes a 24/7 linear feed distributed across both digital and broadcast platforms, as well as a comprehensive array of on-demand (VOD) digital content including additional live games and events. Stadium is owned by a collection of industry leaders including Sinclair Broadcast Group, BAMTech, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, and Meredith Corp. To learn more, visit: http://watchstadium.com/.
ABOUT JAYSON STARK
In addition to his work with Stadium, Stark covers baseball for The Athletic and MLB Network. He previously spent 17 years as a senior baseball writer at ESPN.com and made numerous television appearances on Baseball Tonight, SportsCenter and Outside the Lines. He was also a regular guest on Mike and Mike and covered baseball for the Philadelphia Inquirer, where he was twice named Pennsylvania Sportswriter of the Year. He is the author of three books and was inducted into the Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in May of 2017.