LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (PRWEB) April 03, 2018
GS1 US will offer two workshops for supply chain and data management professionals looking to build their knowledge of GS1 Standards. Specifically, the courses will cover improving product data quality and standard business processes for package measurement—two key strategies for businesses adapting their products for a digitally-driven marketplace.
- The GS1 US Data Quality Workshop will help attendees learn how to better respond to consumer and trading partner demand for consistent, complete, and accurate product data. GS1 US and e-commerce analysts from Dot Foods will provide guidance on the three pillars of the GS1 US National Data Quality Program: data governance, education/training protocol, and attribute audits.
- The GS1 Package Measurement Certificate Course will cover best practices for ensuring accurate data collection at the product’s source, as there is a known link between data inaccuracies and poor package measurement. It will additionally cover the GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) Management Standard, which advises companies on when they need to create new product identification numbers for certain packaging changes, new brand names, new certification marks, and other common scenarios.
- GS1 US Data Quality Workshop: Wednesday, May 2nd from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (CT)
- GS1 Package Measurement Certificate Course: Thursday, May 3rd from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM (CT)
- GS1 US Offices, 300 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60606
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: The workshops are geared toward professionals responsible for supply chain data management, including anyone responsible for weights and dimensions, product identification management; new product launches, changes to existing product lines, data quality, product audits, warehouse and supply chain management, item master maintenance, e-commerce and packaging, 3PL (Third Party Logistics) and transportation.
The sessions can be attended separately or in combination for a discounted rate. For more information, visit the registration site.