The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC), a non-profit educational association dedicated to the promotion of geothermal energy and associated technologies around the world.
DAVIS, Calif. (PRWEB) April 02, 2018
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC), a non-profit educational association dedicated to the promotion of geothermal energy and associated technologies around the world, is announcing the following changes to the 2018 GRC Scholarship Awards:
Undergraduate Scholarship Awards:
- The number of recipients will be increased from two to three;
- Instead of a lump sum, each recipient will receive a stipend of $250 and travel expenses (up to $750) to attend the GRC Annual Meeting (double occupancy);
- Each recipient will be required to either present at the meeting (poster or paper such as from a senior thesis) or prepare a report for the GRC Bulletin describing what they learned from attending the meeting and how they would utilize what they learned for their educational or career path.
Graduate Scholarship Awards:
- The number of recipients will be increased from three to five;
- The amount of each award will remain $2500, but travel expenses will now be considered part of this total rather than offered separately;
- Each recipient is required to submit a paper on his/her research (or research progress) to be published in the GRC Transactions and deliver results at the meeting as either a poster or oral presentation;
- If the recipient presents in the year of the award then the full $2500 is awarded;
- If the recipient defers to present/publish the following year then $750 is withheld to cover travel expenses for when the recipient presents.
The Student Project Award will not be awarded this year to allow us to increase the number of graduate awards.
If you have any questions regarding the GRC Scholarship Awards, please contact Brian Schmidt at http://mailto:email@example.com or (530)758-2360, ext. 104.
About the Geothermal Resources Council:
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) will be celebrating 50 years of service to the global geothermal energy community in 2020. The GRC is dedicated to advancing geothermal development around the world through education, research, and outreach. For more information, please visit http://www.geothermal.org.
Get your daily geothermal news at Global Geothermal News [geothermalresourcescouncil.blogspot.com]. Become a fan on Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/GeothermalResourcesCouncil . Follow GRC on Twitter [@GRC2001 and #GRCAM2018]. Check out GRC’s YouTube Channel [http://www.youtube.com/GeothermalCouncil . See geothermal photos on GRC’s Flicker page. [http://www.flickr.com/photos/geothermalresourcescouncil