“Attendees will learn how the process of telemedicine accreditation can promote improved delivery of health care services, benefiting consumers, regulators, payers, and providers alike," said Garry Carneal, JD, MA, CHQI Founder.
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (PRWEB) April 17, 2018
Programming Includes Complimentary Webinars and In-Person Accreditation Workshops
ClearHealth Quality Institute (CHQI), an independent health care accrediting body, announced today the details of its 2018 Telemedicine Educational Series. The programs feature recognized experts from telemedicine, health care and accreditation, giving participants a range of virtual and in-person educational opportunities.
CHQI recently launched its Telemedicine Accreditation Program (TAP), the only telemedicine accreditation program recognized by the American Telemedicine Association (ATA). The program is now accepting applicants, and the TAP Standards and Guide, version 2.0 is now available at http://www.CHQI.com.
“Our 2018 Educational Series will offer participants the opportunity to engage with thought leaders on a range of topics essential to the future of health care,” said Garry Carneal, JD, MA, CHQI Founder. “Attendees will learn how the process of telemedicine accreditation can promote improved delivery of health care services, benefiting consumers, regulators, payers, and providers alike.”
In-Person Accreditation Workshops
CHQI’s one-day, in-person workshops are designed to guide organizations step-by-step through the Telemedicine Accreditation Program (TAP) application process for a reasonable fee (conference registration may be required). All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the TAP Program Standards and Guide.
- April 28, 2018 / Chicago, IL / American Telemedicine Association Annual Conference
- May 22, 2018 / Washington, DC (51 Louisiana Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001)
- September 13, 2018 / Baltimore, MD (Legg Mason Building, 100 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202)
Click here to learn more or to register for a workshop. (Additional workshop dates will be added to the website and announced as they are added to the schedule.)
CHQI one-hour webinars bring together recognized experts for virtual sessions on a variety of telemedicine-related topics. All webinars will take place from 1 – 2 p.m. EDT.
- (May 15, 2018) Quality Matters: Telemedicine Accreditation as a Catalyst for Improving Clinical, Operational, and Patient Outcomes – The CHQI Telemedicine Accreditation Program (TAP) offers a comprehensive framework for evaluating the safety, efficacy, and quality of telemedicine services and programs. In this webinar, CHQI Telemedicine Standards Committee Members will 1) discuss the best practices and use cases that informed the work of the Committee; 2) explain their commitment to develop the next generation of outcomes-focused standards with CHQI; and 3) emphasize the importance for accrediting agencies to begin “turning the corner” on validating so many structure and process measures, and instead focus on true measures of quality.
- (June 13, 2018) Accreditation: Developing a Blueprint for the Future Assessment and Evaluation of Telemedicine Quality – Panelists will examine the need for outcomes-based measures that focus on patient health, the balance between being overly prescriptive and asking for the right information from all providers, and the importance of using outcomes data to shape public policy and standardize quality practices on a national level.
- (July 18, 2018) Utilizing Telemedicine in the War on Opioid Abuse – The panel will explore the need to coordinate intervention and treatment efforts at all levels, describe many of the existing and emerging treatments available to providers and patients, and discuss how telemedicine can be used to scale critical resources for those in the greatest need.
CHQI educational sessions can also be customized to meet the unique needs of any organization. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 756-1300.
About ClearHealth Quality Institute™ (CHQI)
ClearHealth Quality Institute’s (CHQI) mission is to promote quality-based practices for health plans, providers and other stakeholders across the United States and its territories. Our accreditation and certification programs help assess, track and report on trends to enhance key insurance and provider outcomes. CHQI also offers educational programs, publishes issue briefs and underwrites research to raise awareness of patient safety issues and promote best practices. The organization is governed by an independent board and committee system, which is open to a wide range of volunteer members to ensure transparency and accountability. CHQI provides resources to serve patients, providers, payers, government agencies, and other stakeholder groups. To learn more about CHQI, please contact us at (410) 756-1300, info@CHQI.com, or visit http://www.CHQI.com.