When designing an ideal space where all members of the family can feel comfortable, it makes sense to start from the bottom. Finding a floor that will look good and work hard for your family is easier than one might think.
MANCHESTER, N.H. (PRWEB) April 23, 2018
Spring is a common time of year to refresh and renew, and Carpet One Floor & Home is excited to share helpful tips and advice for the family-friendly home, where life is generally a little messier and little less organized. With the help of professional interior designers, the flooring retailer has compiled tips to help inspire a renewed sense of order and organization this spring season.
With spring comes cleaning, and as a home’s first impression, there’s no better place to start than the entryway or mudroom. A common dumping ground for coats, shoes, sporting equipment and other everyday odds and ends, a spring-inspired organizational sweep of this pivotal space can yield lasting results. Carpet One Floor & Home recommends incorporating these essential elements:
- Baskets: An aesthetically pleasing way to stay organized; baskets are an entryway essential. Add customizable labels to each basket, and organization becomes perfectly suited to each season.
- Storage: Custom storage solutions in a mudroom make a world of difference, and with flexible track and rail systems like those offered by Rubbermaid, shelving or storage space can be custom-suited to your needs and adjusted when needed.
- Hooks: The simple, yet essential accessory that’s a mudroom must-have. Classic or creative, stand-alone or wall-mounted, the style options are seemingly endless.
Bedroom Design for a Growing Tween
As children approach the realm of “tweendome,” they begin to outgrow the playful – often themed – bedroom designs they once cherished. Instead, they start to desire a space that interior designer Kate Davidson describes as “a space of their own, a place of comfort, and an extension of their personality.” Principal of Kate + Co. Design Inc., Davidson is no stranger to the realm of kids’ bedroom design, disclosing these insider tips to creating a bedroom fit for a teen:
- Select an Inspiration Starting Point: Find a design element the tween loves and use that as the inspiration and starting point for the entire room. This will ensure the space is aesthetically cohesive, yet also captures their personality.
- Create Zones: A successful room layout for a teen room involves creating several zones. A zone for sleeping, studying, dressing, hanging out, and displaying prized possessions.
- Use Storage to Showcase Interests: Simple shelving or storage cubes are the perfect way to keep personal items organized and showcase interests through a display of collectibles.
With family comes laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. Combat the necessary evil that is laundry day by creating a space that’s both stylish and highly-functional. “By taking inventory of everything that you may need for basic laundry activities (detergent, softener, baskets etc.), we ensure there's a place for everything and everything in its place,” principal designer Cynthia Soda of Soda Pop Design Inc. explains. In addition to taking into account everything needed for basic laundry activities, the designer offers these tips for a successful laundry space:
- Keep It Light: Keep the mood bright by adding a sun-tunnel or additional window to ensure enough overall ambient and task lighting.
- Gold Bold with Design: Laundry rooms are a great place to try out the latest design trends you've been coveting. Go bold with color, try out different hardware and play with patterns to express yourself.
- Custom Considerations: From the simple addition of hanging rods to custom millwork, it’s important to consider any and all functionalities your family may require of this space.
When designing an ideal space where all members of the family can feel comfortable, it makes sense to start from the bottom. Finding a floor that will look good and work hard for your family is easier than one might think. From puppy accidents to kid messes, today’s flooring is built to withstand all members of the household. Carpet One Floor & Home recommends these three flooring considerations:
- Waterproof Carpet: Brands like Tigressá® H2O™ offer revolutionary waterproof construction, are easy to clean, and are exceptionally durable. Another option is Relax, it's...Lees®, which features ground-breaking stain protection, ultra-durable construction, and an exclusive 25-Year NO Exclusions Stain Warranty.
- Luxury Vinyl: Today’s luxury vinyl flooring products incorporate all the natural beauty of organic woods, without the accompanying hassle of hardwood flooring. Earthscapes™ Vinyl by Carpet One Floor & Home is strong, soft and warm to the touch, and boasts a revolutionary construction that offers unmatched protection against daily scratches and stains. Meanwhile, their Invincible H20™ Luxury Vinyl collection is 100% waterproof from top to bottom.
- Pet Protect: For those that love hardwood flooring, adding on an extra layer of protection with area rugs for rooms and carpet runner for stairs is essential. Not only will this protect your hardwood against the daily wear and tear from your four-legged family members but can also provide some relief for elderly pets that might experience trouble with traction on hard surfaces.
The Spring Issue of Beautiful Design Made Simple
Carpet One Floor & Home has recently released the 2018 spring issue of Beautiful Design Made Simple – a free digital home design magazine the flooring retailer publishes quarterly that features these tips and many more. The newly-released issue is family-focused displaying a diverse range of ideas and inspiration that offers a little something to make everyone in the household feel at home. Beautiful Design Made Simple can be viewed online or downloaded through the BDMS app by visiting: http://www.carpetone.com/bdms.
About Carpet One Floor & Home
Carpet One Floor & Home is North America’s leading floor covering retailer, with 1,000 independently owned and operated locations in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Carpet One Floor & Home stores are known for a broad selection of carpet, wood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, and area rugs, including exclusive brands like Lees® and Bigelow® Stainmaster™. They offer a unique customer experience with the exclusive SelectAFloor™ merchandising system that simplifies the shopping experience and The Beautiful Guarantee®, which guarantees that the customer will be 100% happy with their floor. Carpet One Floor & Home is also the home of the exclusive Healthier Living® Installation system.