When a tree is under stress, it will leaf out later than other trees of the same type, show excessive deadwood, and have poor leaf development.
HUNTINGDON VALLEY, Pa. (PRWEB) April 23, 2018
The signs that a tree has health problems and needs tree service are unmistakable. As we roll into Spring, trees should be showing new bud and branch growth and eventually a full crown of lush green leaves.When a tree is under stress, it will leaf out later than other trees of the same type, show excessive deadwood, and have poor leaf development. Giroud Tree and Lawn provides the top five Spring warning signs for trees and the tree service actions Philadelphia homeowners can take to keep trees healthy and safe.
This Spring, Philadelphia homeowners need to be on the alert for the five major warning signs that a tree’s health is in jeopardy.
1. Leaf irregularities: Late to leaf out or only some sections of the tree leaf out, yellowing or discolored leaves and lack of new growth or dwarf leaves.
2. Insects: One of the biggest insect problems this year is Borers with Emerald Ash Borer leading the list. Emerald Ash Borer is 100% fatal to Ash trees. Professional treatment is the only way to protect Ash from this deadly pest.
3. Decay: Mushrooms and shelf fungi are symptoms of decay when growing out of the root system or trunk of a tree. Another sign of decay is a cavity. If the decay is extensive, then the tree may be hazardous.
4. Excessive deadwood: Dead branches can be a serious safety hazard to people and their property. Brittle branches tend to break more easily in storms.
The following are the key actions Philadelphia homeowners can take now to protect tree health and safety.
1. Have your trees checked by an ISA Certified Arborist at Giroud: Have your Giroud Arborist check your trees for cracks, hidden deadwood and unsafe root conditions...they’re prime targets for storm damage and disease.
2. Prune: Remove weak, dead or weakly attached limbs, thin crowns for improved air flow, elevate branches away from your pool, driveway and walks
3. Install cable supports in weak limbs Trees with multiple trunks or included bark often require tree cable supports to keep from splitting apart. The hardware must fit the specific problem and be installed at the proper height and tension.
4. Fertilize now for maximum benefit: Ensure a tree service professional uses a time release formula with Bio-stimulants to replenish the nutrients lost to the lawn and other plantings.
5. Enhance Growing Conditions: If a Tree is showing one or more of the warning signs listed above, the problem may be in the soil. Have an ISA Certified Arborist test the soil, evaluate the roots and develop a customized treatment program to nurture the tree back to health.
About Giroud Tree and Lawn
Giroud Tree and Lawn specializes in tree service, lawn care and mosquito and tick control programs that make customers love doing business with the company since 1974. Serving Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties, the company offers professional tree and lawn evaluation, tree pruning, tree removal, insect and disease control, fertilizing, stump removal, traditional and 100% organic lawn programs and mosquito and tick control. Giroud Arborists are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and have the knowledge and experience required to properly diagnose, treat and maintain trees and lawn health. The company is Accredited by the Tree Care Industry Association and Better Business Bureau. Giroud has also been awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award® every year since 2005. The “Giroud Treework for Charity” program donates free tree care services to parks, historical sites and other non-profit organizations located in the Company’s service area. For more information, visit the company website at http://www.giroudtree.com or call 215-682-7704.