Participating homes in the 8th annual Denver Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, May 19th. All are invited to attend. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance online; $50 on the day of the tour.
DENVER (PRWEB) April 27, 2018
Some tour-goers search for inspiration for their next project; others hope to find an architect or home builder to work with; whatever the reasons may be, all tour-goers come to see a curated selection of Denver homes that embody the region’s unique modern architecture and design aesthetic.
On Saturday, May 19th, the Modern Architecture+ Design Society (MA+DS) returns to Denver for the 2018 Modern Home Tour. The annual event gives regional architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions as they explore some of Denver’s modern homes up close, inside and out.
“The Denver Modern Home Tour is one of our strongest spring tours, and it’s one we always look forward to,” says MA+DS founder and president, James Leasure. “Denver’s modern architecture is a beautiful combination of the familiar modern movement and the comforting mountain home aesthetic. It is both inspiring and amazing, and every year we are fortunate enough to showcase some truly incredible designs from some of the area’s leading architects and home builders.”
Participants and homes featured on the 2018 Denver Modern Home Tour include:
- A New Century Modern/Studio Gunn collaboration, filled with light and glass and inspired by Eichler-style open concept, located in a Columbine Valley modern development.
- A full gut renovation and addition to a Habitat for Humanity Home, designed by Design Platform, located downtown in Curtis Park.
- A complete renovation by Davis Urban of a 1960 ranch-style home into a mid-century-style modernized home, located around the corner from Sloan Lake.
- A brand new luxury modern home designed by KGA Studio Architects and built by Koelbel Urban Homes, located near Regis University.
- A mid-century modern Hilltop home originally built in 1957 that has been completely revamped and transformed by Barsch Design and the new homeowners in 2012, with further renovations in 2016 by Chalet Homes.
For the second year in a row, Dream Culture USA has been named as the tour’s local non-profit beneficiary. Dream Culture will help staff the event in return for a donation and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle. Additional proceeds will be added to develop a scholarship fund to help future architects and designers further their education.
Participating homes in the 8th annual Denver Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, May 19th. All are invited to attend. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance online; $50 on the day of the tour. Details on ticket purchases and descriptions of all participants with photos can be found on the 2018 Denver Modern Home Tour event page: http://mads.media/2018denvermodern.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!