“Through our partnership with Shipley Communications, we are excited to offer this opportunity for our clients to do a “deeper dive” into their fund development and communications practices and learn new techniques to support them in these efforts,” says Debra Box, executive director at Support KC.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (PRWEB) April 30, 2018
Kansas City, Mo: Support KC and Shipley Communications, LLC will organize a workshop for nonprofits on grant reporting on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm as part of their Mission Ready Monday™ series.
The workshop on May 7th will focus on how to write and document grant reports. The session will focus on the do’s and don’ts of writing grant reports, how to manage and systemize grant reporting and manage ways to create sustaining relationships with your grantor.
Grant reporting is an important but sometimes anxiety-inducing effort for some nonprofits and which happens to induce lot of anxiety and stress because of its competitive nature.
Though there is no one formula for successful grant reporting, yet there are certain elements to a successful proposal for repeat funding. This workshop will talk about what elements nonprofits must prepare while writing a grant proposal and the systemization of grant structures.
The January and February Mission Ready Monday™ workshops focused on creating a grants management calendar and developing a grant matrix to identify grants that are a good fit for nonprofits. The funding agency must be appropriate for the nonprofit’s program. Having a grant management calendar and building a grant matrix are the building blocks to help plan and write a successful grant proposal.
“Fund development and communications are critical to nonprofit success, says Debra Box, executive director at Support KC. “Through our partnership with Shipley Communications, we are excited to offer this opportunity for our clients to do a “deeper dive” into their fund development and communications practices and learn new techniques to support them in these efforts,” adds Box.
The Mission Ready Monday™ schedule for 2018 will cover everything from grants to how to give feedback. The series was created to help nonprofits create efficiencies and stay on mission.
- May 8, 2018 – Grant Reporting Do’s and Don’ts: Grant Reporting should not be anxiety-inducing especially if you are following your Grant Management Calendar from Jan. Create an easy to follow grant report that is clear, concise and foundation ready.
- June 11, 2018 – Branding 101. Let your end user be the guide. How branding can support mission success. We will review some nonprofit branding disasters.
- July 23, 2018 – Site Visits - Don’t panic! Site visits are fun, should show off your mission and don’t worry if your office is messy – focus on mission not mess.
- August 13, 2018 – Sponsors Needed: A guide to building successful corporate relationships.
- September 17, 2018 – Government Grants: Ready for federal funding? How to get ready to apply for these grants.
- October 22, 2018 – Once Upon a Time: Telling your story and making it stick. Stories are great -- if we can get people to remember them. How to make a story stick.
- November 19, 2018 – Maintaining Your Social Media – What channel, what message and do you really need Snapchat?
- December – Program Evaluation: Writing realistic outcomes that are meaningful for the client, foundation, board and donors.
Support KC provides nonprofit organizations with business and development expertise, empowering them to focus on their missions. We help organizations with limited resources and staff in necessary tasks such as accounting, data management, fundraising and managing strategy. By helping manage these tasks, Support KC helps nonprofits do what they do best, change lives. And in the process of helping, we too change lives— behind the scenes. For more information, visit http://www.supportkc.org.
Shipley Communications, LLC
Shipley Communications specializes in you. Your company, your brand and your market. We are your go-to experts for public relations, market strategy, speech writing, fundraising, public engagement, campaign planning and crisis communication. At Shipley Communications, we believe in communication that is simple, honest and has the power to change the world. For more information, please visit http://www.shipleycommunications.com.