ATLANTA (PRWEB) May 16, 2018
Soliant, a leading specialty healthcare staffing provider and part of Adecco Group, announced today that its Bilingual Therapies unit will be hosting the 18th annual Bilingual Symposium in Las Vegas, NV from July 19-21, 2018.
The Bilingual Symposium unites practicing bilingual and monolingual speech-language pathologists (SLPs) in a three-day event that explores topics surrounding language diversity in schools. As the only American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)-approved CEU provider conference of its kind, it focuses solely on how bilingual and monolingual SLPs can better serve the needs of bilingual children.
The Symposium features multiple sessions conducted by renowned speech-language professionals in small and interactive learning spaces. This year’s agenda will feature sessions in the following language diversity topics:
- Connecting the Dots in the Education of English Learners: Challenges and Opportunities for Bilingual Speech Pathologists, by Alba Ortiz, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- Professional Learning Communities: Bilingual and Monolingual Speech Pathologists Working Together to Serve English Learners, by Alba Ortiz, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- Language Exposure and Oral Language Development in Bilingual Children, by Perla Gámez, PhD, Assistant Professor, Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Maximizing Cognitive, Behavioral, and Language Success for Students Living in Poverty, by Phuong Palafox, M.S., CCC-SLP, Bilinguistics, Austin, TX
- Intervention Strategies For Enhancing the Phonological Systems of Bilingual Children with Highly Unintelligible Speech, by Raúl Prezas, Ph.D. CCC-SLP, Associate Professor, Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- Assessment with CLD/Dual Language Learners: How to Use Processing and Learning Tasks, by Connie Summers, Ph.D., CCC-SLPs, Associate Professor, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX
Aside from informational sessions and networking opportunities with fellow SLPs, the Bilingual Symposium also provides up to 1.2 ASHA CEUs for each attendee. The event will be hosted at the luxurious Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa in Henderson, NV. Registrations are now being accepted at http://www.bilingualsymposium.com until July 6, 2018.
Bilingual Therapies is a leading provider of bilingual speech-language pathology, offering bilingual speech therapists job opportunities in school districts in diverse communities across North America. For more information about Bilingual Therapies and the Bilingual Symposium, please visit http://www.bilingualtherapies.com.
Soliant, an Adecco Group company, is a leading provider of specialized healthcare staffing services to hospitals, schools, and other healthcare providers. By supplying traveling healthcare professionals on both temporary and direct hire assignments, Soliant delivers comprehensive healthcare staffing services across the United States. Soliant’s Most Beautiful Hospitals contest recognizes outstanding hospitals for their commitment to growing and improving their campuses and outpatient facilities. Soliant's teams of professionals are qualified to fill physician, nursing, therapy, pharmacy, healthcare IT, advanced practice, telehealth, special education, and other healthcare positions.