ROCKVILLE, Md. (PRWEB) May 18, 2018
The 2018 RadWaste Summit will explore the theme, The Path Forward for Safety, Security and Storage of Radioactive Waste at the 12th annual Summit this September in Henderson, NV. As the radioactive waste industry continues to dynamically change, it’s imperative for industry leaders to come together and discuss challenges and solutions to the management and disposition of radioactive waste.
Agenda topics have been announced and include:
- Budget, Regulations, New Initiatives and Reorganization
- New Decommissioning Rules, Part 61 and New Initiatives
- Pursuing a New Approach to Ultimate Disposition of DOE’s Radioactive Waste
- Corporate Outlook on Mergers and Financials
- Continuing Role of DOE National Labs from Research to Innovation
- Legislative and Congressional Updates
- State and Local Involvement in Waste Management
- Consolidated Interim Storage and Transportation
- DOE Office of Nuclear Energy Update
- Innovations in Tank Waste Management
- Workforce Safety Culture: Severe Accident Safety Equipment
- Oak Ridge Case Study on Workforce Training, Retention and Recruitment
- And more!
The advisory committee that has been helping to shape the 2018 agenda includes:
- Nancy Berlin, Program Manager, Decommissioning Strategy Forum
- Larry Camper, USNRC Retired and Senior Nuclear Safety Consultant, Talisman International, LLC
- Renee Echols, President, Firewater, LLC
- Eugene Gleason, President and Managing Director, Nuclear Management Associates LLC
- Tammy Monday, Vice President, Waste Services Sales and Business Development, Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc.
- Eric K. Knox, Senior Project Director, Nuclear and Environment, Management Services Group, AECOM
- Chris Schneidmiller, Editor-in-Chief, ExchangeMonitor Publications
“I am honored to announce the agenda topics and the members of the RadWaste Summit’s advisory committee,” said Nancy Berlin, Program Director, ExchangeMonitor Forums. “This event continues to provide the insights and strategies that move this sector forward. Check out the new topics added this year such as the role of the national laboratories, state and local involvement and innovations in tank waste management.”
Of the course of three days, more than 350 industry and government attendees will come together to discuss the challenges and solutions to the management and disposition of radioactive waste. It’s the must-attend event for waste managers, program managers, environmental specialists, the c-suite, scientists and more to network, get high-level updates and connect on business opportunities.
The 2018 RadWaste Summit will take place September 4-6 at the Green Valley Ranch Resort in Henderson, NV. Attendees from the following organizations have already secured their spot: Bragg Nuclear Group, Camfil, EnergySolutions, Huntington Ingalls Industries, ICE Service Group, Idaho National Laboratory, Jacobs, Leidos, Navarro, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Nye County, PacTec, Perma-Fix Environmental Services, SECUR, Southwestern Low Level Radioactive Waste Compact, TechSource, Transco Products Inc., UniTech Services Group, and more.
The early bird registration rate has been extended to May 31st; simply use the VIP code EARLYBIRD during registration online to receive the discounted rate. To learn more and to register, visit http://www.radwastesummit.com.
About ExchangeMonitor, a division of Access Intelligence, LLC
ExchangeMonitor Publications & Forums publishes professional newsletters and creates, manages and sponsors forums, colloquiums and workshops to facilitate an exchange of views and information on critical programs and policies. Areas of focus include: the Department of Energy’s Office of Environmental Management and the cleanup of the nuclear legacy of the Manhattan Project and the Cold War; the National Nuclear Security Administrative and the current U.S. nuclear weapons complex; and the commercial radioactive waste industry.