Midsummer is a joyous holiday celebrated in many parts of the world with eating, drinking and dancing. At IKEA, we love sharing our Swedish traditions with family and friends.
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (PRWEB) May 23, 2018
IKEA invites you to celebrate the coming of the longest day of the year with its annual Midsummer Smörgåsbord on Friday, June 15, 2018 at participating stores nationwide**. Tickets for IKEA’s all-you-can-eat buffet are available for only $16.99 per person / $4.99 for kids 12 and under, or at a discounted rate for IKEA FAMILY members ($12.99 per person / $2.99 for kids 12 and under).
“Midsummer is a joyous holiday celebrated in many parts of the world with eating, drinking and dancing,” says Peter Ho, IKEA Food Sales Leader. “At IKEA, we love sharing our Swedish traditions with family and friends.”
The IKEA Midsummer menu*** includes:
- Assortment of pickled herring
- Deviled eggs with cold water shrimp
- Deviled eggs with seaweed pearls
- Smoked salmon with horseradish sauce
- Assorted cheeses
- Swedish cucumber salad
- Red skin potato salad
- Swedish coleslaw
- Shrimp salad
- Fruit salad
- Crispbread, thin bread and soft bread
- Swedish meatballs with lingonberries
- St. Louis style pork ribs
- Mashed potatoes or boiled dill potatoes
- Fresh strawberries
- Cakes and cookies
- Coffee, tea, fountain beverages
Seating is limited, so those who are interested are encouraged to purchase tickets early at their local IKEA store. To locate and contact the nearest IKEA store for more details, including local seating times, visit the “Store Locator” page on http://www.IKEA-USA.com and enter your city/state or zip code.
Those who are unable to make the event can still celebrate Midsummer at home. Visit the Swedish Food Market in IKEA U.S. stores to purchase select items from the Midsummer Smörgåsbord menu or find and try ingredients for other Swedish recipes, such as Chicken Meatball Skewers.
Chicken Meatball Skewers
Ingredients & Supplies
- 15 pcs KYCKLINGKOTTBÜLLAR chicken meatballs
- 15 wooden skewers
- 2-4 Tbsp. oil, for frying
- 2 medium size cucumbers, peeled
- 3.3 oz. dill, chopped
- 1 large organic lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- 10 oz. sour cream
- 5 oz. parsley, thyme and ramsons, mixed
- Black pepper and extra virgin oil to taste
- Cut the cucumber into 15 small cubes, just a bit smaller than the chicken meatballs. Place in a medium size bowl, and add the sea salt and combine.
- Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, until slightly smoky. Fry the meatballs until golden brown, adding more oil if needed. Set aside and let them cool.
- Add the lemon juice and dill (saving 1 Tbsp for garnish) to the cubed cucumber. Mix to combine and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Thread one cucumber cube onto each skewer, then one meatball. Dip in sour cream and then dip lightly into the herbs. Place the skewers on a tray and sprinkle with dill and black pepper.
- Top the remaining sour cream with the rest of the seasoning mix. Drizzle with extra virgin oil and serve immediately.
*IKEA FAMILY is a benefits program that offers membership perks including special product discounts, sneak previews, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. Consumers can sign up for the free program online or in-store.
**IKEA Carson and IKEA Oak Creek will not be participating/will not be hosting a Midsummer Smörgåsbord event.
***Menu is subject to change due to product availability.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices. The IKEA Group operates 363 IKEA stores in 29 countries, including 48 in the U.S. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.