The article also provides parents with simple, practical tips on how they can get started and transform their kitchen from a functional room into a special space.
PHOENIX (PRWEB) May 24, 2018
Giangiskitchen.com, a popular website that offers delicious, nutritious and elegant recipe ideas that can be created by anyone in only 30-45 minutes, has published a new feature article that encourages parents to create quality family time — and teach valuable life lessons — by cooking with their kids.
Written by award-winning food maven Giangi Townsend and Giangiskitchen.com’s founder Giangi Townsend, the new feature article highlights three key reasons why parents and kids benefit alike when they trade in their smartphones for aprons:
- It increases awareness of healthy eating choices and portion control.
- It increases self-confidence and a sense of real accomplishment.
- It encourages eating together to share news, make plans, and enjoy life.
The article also provides parents with simple, practical tips on how they can get started and transform their kitchen from a functional room into a special space. These include:
- Take kids shopping for ingredients.
- Turn cooking into a learning event for younger kids.
- Encourage older kids to build unique recipes.
- Allow kids to taste food while it’s being prepared so they can feel like gourmet chefs.
- Allow kids to pick a night where they’re in-charge of the menu and table presentation (if safe and age-appropriate to do so).
- Help kids understand the importance of cleanliness and food safety.
On this last point, Giangi writes: “I also believe that it’s important to teach kids how to clean up after themselves while they’re cooking vs. stare at a huge mess after everything is done. It’s also important to teach kids about food safety and the risks of cross-contamination. This is valuable information that will help them for the rest of their lives."
The full new feature article entitled “3 Reasons You Should Cook with Your Kids & Tips on How to Get Started” is available at https://www.giangiskitchen.com/3-reasons-you-should-cook-with-your-kids-how-to-get-started.
For additional information on Giangi’s Kitchen, including advertising, marketing and media inquiries, email giangi(at)giangiskitchen(dot)com or visit http://www.giangiskitchen.com.
Facebook users can also follow Giangi’s Kitchen by visiting https://www.facebook.com/giangiskitchen.
About Giangi’s Kitchen
Giangi’s Kitchen is a popular blog that features simple, delicious, elegant and nutritious recipes, which are primarily geared towards working moms, dads, grandparents, and everyone else with a desire to prepare a great evening meal for their family in just 30-45 minutes