As digital forces create a new paradigm of value creation and service delivery, we are seeing a widening gap among providers in their capabilities and market success.
DALLAS (PRWEB) May 29, 2018
Everest Group, a consulting and research firm focused on strategic IT, business services, and sourcing, today released the fourth annual edition of “The Everest Group BPS Top 50™,” a ranking of the world’s largest third-party providers of business process services (BPS). The list was launched in 2015 as the first of its kind for the global industry, which today is valued at more than US$175 billion.
This year’s ranking is based on both revenues (75 percent of the composite score used for ranking) and year-on-year growth, whereas the previous years’ rankings were based solely on revenues. Growth has two sub-parameters: absolute growth (measured as change in BPS revenue in US$ million, and accounting for 12.5 percent of the composite score) and percentage growth (measured as percentage change in BPS revenue, and accounting for the final 12.5 percent of the composite score).
Everest Group estimates there are more than 200 service providers with more than US$50 million in revenues offering BPS services around the globe. What started as a cost optimization concept focusing on “non-core” and “back-office” business processes today permeates the entire business process value chain, addressing a wide variety of business objectives.
“The industry has attracted many service providers from a broad range of backgrounds and heritages,” said Rajesh Ranjan, partner at Everest Group. “As digital forces create a new paradigm of value creation and service delivery, we are seeing a widening gap among providers in their capabilities and market success. By incorporating growth as an additional factor, we are making sure that the ranking reflects this. We also expect both the list and the rankings within to see greater volatility in coming years as this industry experiences accelerated change.”
This list helps enterprises to identify the scaled-up providers and their functional coverage. It helps BPS service providers to compare themselves against others in the industry.
Topping the 2018 list of BPS providers are these 10 leaders:
7. DXC Technology
9. Arvato Bertelsmann
- The cumulative revenue of the providers in the BPS Top 50 list grew by 7 percent year-on-year.
- The highest growth rate for the past two years was logged by Alorica at 95 to 105 percent and was achieved largely through acquisitions in 2015 and 2016. Cognizant logged the second fastest growth rate at 22 to 25 percent and achieved this largely through organic growth.
- North America-based service providers continue to dominate the list; however, the region’s overall share has declined versus 2016 (54 percent share versus 56 percent), while the Rest of Europe’s share has grown (up from 14 percent in 2016 to 22 percent in 2017).
Top 3 North American Providers:
Top 3 “Rest of Europe” Providers (excludes UK providers):
- Arvato Bertelsmann
Top 3 APAC Providers:
- For the first time in three years, the number of specialist service providers increased their share of market as compared to broad-based service providers, driven by increases in the Contact Center Outsourcing (CCO) submarket. Broad-based providers now represent 56 percent of the market whereas specialists represent 44 percent. The top 5 broad-based providers are:
- DXC Technology
- Arvato Bertelsmann
- Among the specialist providers, the following ranked highest in their respective specialty area:
Human Resource Outsourcing:
Contact Center Outsourcing:
2. Williams Lea Tag
3. Iron Mountain
***Video: Watch “The Everest Group BPS Top 50 2018".***
About Everest Group
Everest Group is a consulting and research firm focused on strategic IT, business services, and sourcing. We are trusted advisors to senior executives of leading enterprises, providers, and investors. Our firm helps clients improve operational and financial performance through a hands-on process that supports them in making well-informed decisions that deliver high-impact results and achieve sustained value. Our insight and guidance empower clients to improve organizational efficiency, effectiveness, agility and responsiveness. What sets Everest Group apart is the integration of deep sourcing knowledge, problem-solving skills and original research. Details and in-depth content are available at http://www.everestgrp.com.
Andrea M. Riffle, Everest Group
Jennifer Fowler, Cathey Communications for Everest Group