(PRWEB) June 01, 2018
Computer Logic Group announces its latest module Logical Attendance Tracker 3.0 for PowerSchool.
Home notification letters for students that are chronically absent or on the verge of truancy can be very effective at positively influencing attendance rates, but most schools struggle to manage this process in PowerSchool.
The biggest hassle lies in tracking which students received a letter, tracking that the letter has been sent, and then remembering not to send another letter until that student reaches the next threshold. Often third-party applications like SQL, Excel, or Google Docs are used in combination with PowerSchool to find students meeting defined absentee thresholds, build letters, and log that a letter has been sent. The problem with this process is that while it sounds very simple, it is in fact a complex, multi-step process that can take hours of manual work every week.
The Logical Attendance Tracker is a PowerSchool plug-in designed to enhance your existing PowerSchool application, enabling this entire process to be completed from one screen right inside of PowerSchool. This plug-in will turn your hours long attendance letters chore into a task that is completed in just minutes, bringing accuracy and consistency to what is otherwise a very complex process.
- Tracks which letters a student has received and knows when they qualify for the next letter. No more tracking this information in a third-party application.
- Pulls attendance data from the existing PowerSchool tables in real-time; just continue taking attendance as you always do.
- Predefine absence levels that require a letter for home notification; further identify what types of attendance activities require a letter, unexcused absences, excused absences, tardy, etc.
- Query attendance based on daily, meeting, and time attendance as well as consecutive absences.
- Predefine your time frames – look across the entire school year, the last semester, in the last 30 days, etc.
- Create letters using the letter template tool, drop in logo’s PowerSchool data fields, attendance totals, etc.
- Produces a running log of all letters sent during the school year along with pertinent details about absences leading to the letter.
- Generates a student detail screen for each student providing details on letters sent, along with a digital copy of the letters.
- Improve data integrity, accuracy, and security by eliminating three ring binders of student letters.
- Automatically identify students that are losing credit; track the appeal process.
Computer Logic Group Inc., which was founded in 1988, offers a wide variety of services and products exclusively for the education market. Computer Logic Group is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, N.Y. For information about Computer Logic Group services, contact Robert Springer at (888) 466-5775 or visit us at ComputerLogicGroup.Com
PowerSchool is a registered trademark of PowerSchool, LLC.