“Sacramento has always been a great city for my shows and I can’t wait to bring the celebrities, creators and fans together for a great first event!”, explained John Macaluso, Fandemic Tour comic con CEO.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) June 01, 2018
Just three weeks until the inaugural Fandemic Tour, a new touring comic con, will debut at the Sacramento Convention Center June 22-24, 2018. Fandemic Tour is produced by the former CEO of Wizard World, John Macaluso, is now bringing that experience back to Sacramento and a new show in Houston, rescheduled from 2017 due to Hurricane Harvey. Fandemic Tour will stop in Houston Sept. 14-16, 2018. Many of the celebrities and notable artists and authors are featured in interactive programming throughout the weekend. A key feature of any great comic con, programming is where the fans get a chance to really get to know their favorite stars, hear breaking news about their current and future projects, meet like-minded fans of the content and maybe learn something new about pop culture, fandom and how their peers are using their passions to create social change.
“Sacramento has always been a great city for my shows and I can’t wait to bring the celebrities, creators and fans together for a great first event!”, explained John Macaluso, Fandemic Tour comic con CEO. “We have an solid celebrity and creator lineup that fans are excited about but we always want their input on how to make it better. We’ve been very impressed with the support we’ve already received from the city and the fans who have helped spread the word about our new show.”
Award-winning actress, entertainment correspondent and pop culture authority, Clare Kramer, will moderate all programming on our Main Stage. Celebrity programming highlights for Fandemic Tour Comic Con’s debut in Sacramento include:
- Rare Q&A with current and former cast members of A&E’s The Walking Dead (Saturday)
- A This is Us panel with Milo Ventimiglia and Chris Sullivan (Saturday)
- Interactive Q&A’s with individual celebrities including: Bruce Campbell (Friday), John Schneider (Friday), Tom Welling (Saturday), Michael Rooker (Sunday), Robert Englund (Sunday)
- Angel Gets Charmed (Charmed celebrating 20 years this year) featuring: Holly Marie Combs and Charisma Carpenter (Saturday)
- WWE™ The Bella Twins™, Nikki and Brie Bella (Sunday) BELLA TWINS APPEARANCE MOVED TO SUNDAY FROM FRIDAY
- The Walking Dead Fireside chat regarding the Most Spectacular Deaths featuring Chandler Riggs and Steven Yeun
- Buffy Meets Angel Playback with host Clare Kramer, featuring James Marsters, Christian Kane and Charisma Carpenter (Sunday)
- Why Comic Books Will Only Get Bigger, No Matter What Critics Say with comic art legend, Neal Adams (Friday)
Fan connections will be made at these panels and demos featuring some of the best:
- Getting started in Cosplay in your 40s, 50s and 60s with Gonzo’s Cosplay Adventure (Friday)
- Why Fandom and Shipping Matter featuring editors from Zimbio and a writer from CW’s Riverdale (Saturday)
- Droid Building 101 with Sacramento Astromech Builders (Saturday)
- Building Star Wars quality cosplay - Demo build with 501st Legion (Saturday)
Programming will also include socially-focused topics:
- A Comic Q/A with the world’s leading publisher of English-language educational manga (Friday)
- Mighty League of Acceptance: Using Pop Culture to Engage and Educate about Autism (Saturday)
- Body Image and Acceptance with Chunky Girl Comics (Sunday)
- CAUSEplay by members of the West Coast Avengers cosplay (Sunday)
- Cooking Japan’s favorite fast foods— onigiri and oshinko – with Manga University (Sunday)
Fandemic Tour is a new comic convention that will bring together celebrities, well-known and emerging comic artists, cosplayers and exhibitors with unique pop culture merchandise. Fandemic Tour comic con is an experience in the vein of other major shows such as Silicon Valley Comic Con, Comicpalooza, Dallas Comic Con, FanFest, Emerald City, Denver Comic Con, and Walker Stalker. All guest appearance dates are listed at http://www.FandemicTour.com.
Fandemic Tour will offer attendees the opportunity to purchase autographs and photo opportunities with their favorite celebrity talent and artists.
General Admission tickets are available at the following price points:
$35— Friday Pass (Hours 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
$45— Saturday Pass (Hours 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
$40— Sunday Pass (Hours: (10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
$75— Full Weekend Pass (admission all three days)
$150 - Fandemic Fanatic VIP - — (3-day pass, early admission, fast pass for photo ops/autographs (behind Celebrity VIP passholders), swag bag and VIP reserve seating at panels).
Sponsorship and booth space are still available. To apply, please contact Joe Avino at Sales(at)caconventions(dot)com or Joe(at)caconventions(dot)com or go to http://www.fandemictour.com and download the forms.
Press badge registration form now live - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoW1C8TNoppSIAG6c2xeNnD4lk6AttCrTd1dVO3oRZ1jnB8w/viewform
ABOUT FANDEMIC TOUR
Fandemic Tour is a new comic con bringing fandom, fun and family together to celebrate pop culture. Fandemic Tour will provide programming open to all who attend throughout the weekend. Throughout the three-day event, attendees can purchase autographs
and photo ops with Fandemic Tour celebrities. Photo opportunities come in the form of a photo of you and the celebrity guest taken on a professional camera under ideal lighting conditions. Photos are printed on 8×10” paper on dye-sublimation photo printers. Most guests are available for at least two of the three days of the event, and all details are available at http://www.FandemicTour.com.