Portland, Ore. (PRWEB) June 05, 2018
Learning.com celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week 2018 by recognizing digital literacy teachers across the country in a special contest that honored educators who teach technology. School administrators were encouraged to nominate a teacher superhero at their schools who goes above and beyond to equip their students with digital literacy skills needed for success on online assessments, in college, and in their future careers.
Nominees included classroom teachers, technology specialists, media specialists and school librarians. Heartfelt entries were written and submitted online by principals who praised their nominees’ efforts and recognized the contributions they have made to the students at their schools. Comments from the winning entries included teacher achievements in integrating digital literacy in the classroom such as “uses a variety of tech tools and programs,” “embraced digital literacy this year with passion,” and “because of him our students are able to use technology.”
The winning educators will receive a free, one-year classroom subscription to EasyTech, Learning.com’s award-winning digital literacy curriculum for grades K-8. Their free access begins July 1, 2018.
Congratulations goes out to these winners:
- Jessica Alonzo, Amerigo A. Anastasia, New Jersey
- Michael Brennan, Bordentown Regional High School, New Jersey
- Kelsie Chrisco, Cunningham Elementary, California
- Jessica Clifford, Visitation Catholic School, Illinois
- Ligia Comanescu, Logos Christian Academy, Illinois
- Jennifer Daniels, Willard School, Maine
- Stephanie Droddy, Huebner Elementary, Texas
- Glory Fox, St. Christopher, New York
- Sophie Gousset, Austin International School, Texas
- Josh Grosskreutz, Manvel Public School, North Dakota
- Gloria Harris, O'Bannon Elementary, Mississippi
- Kathy Hayes, Whitehall Elementary, Pennsylvania
- Judith Hill, Perkins Bass, Illinois
- Nickie Irby, N. H. Pilate Middle School, Mississippi
- Monica Moore, Gunstream Elementary School, Texas
- Teresa Pritchard, West Feliciana Middle School, Louisiana
- Alexandria Saclarides, John F. Kennedy Middle School, Tennessee
- Niki Sarver, Wadsworth Elementary, Indiana
- Lesa Searles, Service Valley Charter Academy, Kansas
- Dr. Molly Smith, Saint Joseph School, Pennsylvania
- David Staal, Lake Michigan Academy, Michigan
- Heather Vick, Casady School, Oklahoma
- Kristina Waara, Arvoon Township Elementary, Michigan
- Kimberly Zavala, Kingwood Middle, Texas
WHEN: Winners selected Wednesday, May 30, 2018
WHY: In celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week, the Learning.com teacher superhero contest gave school administrators an opportunity to recognize the teacher superheroes at their own schools who they see working to help prepare students for success in our increasingly digital world. Providing the winning teachers with a free subscription to EasyTech is Learning.com’s way of demonstrating its appreciation for the dedication, resources and creativity it takes to deliver quality digital literacy instruction to students.
For more information, press only: Shaun Wiley, L. Wolfe Communications, 847-644-0237, firstname.lastname@example.org.