The growth of ASGCT's Annual Meeting, the premier annual event for gene and cell therapy professionals, reflects the international buzz and excitement surrounding the field.
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) June 05, 2018
The 2018 American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy (ASGCT) Annual Meeting, held at the historic Hilton Chicago (May 16-19), was the Society's largest and most successful outing in the group's 21 year history.
The exciting growth in the premier annual event for gene and cell therapy professionals reflects the international buzz and excitement surrounding the field, in addition to the three historic FDA approvals of the first gene and cell therapies in the United States in the past year.
The expansion of ASGCT and the annual meeting runs parallel to the explosive growth of gene and cell therapy as a field:
- 3,478 Attendees--The jump in annual meeting attendance represents a 31 percent increase over 2017.
- 5.74 Million Impressions--1,140 social media posts were sent using the #ASGCT18 hashtag throughout the annual meeting.
- 978 Abstract Presentations--222 oral & 756 poster presentations filled the session rooms and poster hall.
- 146 Award Winners--Awardees include 127 travel and 15 Excellence in Research recipients.
- 4,515 Stream Views--737 attendees streamed 1,714 hours of live sessions.
ASGCT's 22nd Annual Meeting will be held in Washington D.C. at the Washington Hilton April 29 - May 2, 2019.
About The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy
ASGCT is the primary membership organization for scientists, physicians, professionals, and patient advocates involved in gene and cell therapy. The Society’s mission is to advance knowledge, awareness, and education leading to discovery and clinical application of gene and cell therapies to alleviate disease. ASGCT’s vision is to serve as a catalyst to transform medicine by advancing gene and cell therapies to benefit patients and society.