These three products are – quite simply – game-changers for the fuel ethanol market.
WILMINGTON, Del. (PRWEB) June 05, 2018
Building off the recent launch of its fuel ethanol platform DuPont™ XCELIS™, DuPont Industrial Biosciences unveiled the first three products from the innovation hub – designed to increase yields, speed fermentation and reduce energy and chemical consumption:
- DuPont™ SYNERXIA® THRIVE GX: Next Generation in Yeast for the Fuel Alcohol Industry
- DuPont™ DISTILLASE® DXT: Advanced Glucoamylase Blend
- DuPont™ OPTIMASH® AX: Xylanase for Enhanced Liquefaction
The new XCELIS™ platform also will feature an online partner community for the industry, GRAIN CHANGERS. This online community and innovative product offerings represent a new age for DuPont’s XCELIS™ biorefinery team. By improving performance, efficiency and fuel ethanol yields – and working hand-in-hand with customers – XCELIS™ helps ethanol producers reach their goals with new products, tools and technologies.
“These three products are – quite simply – game-changers for the fuel ethanol market,” said Judy Underwood, global marketing leader, DuPont Industrial Biosciences - Grain Processing. “Our team has done it once again – listened to customer needs, engineered cutting-edge enzyme and yeast technologies and worked hand-in-hand with ethanol producers to bring products to market that provide the best possible yields and new options for efficiency.”
- Following upon last year’s successful launch of SYNERXIA® THRIVE ADY, SYNERXIA® THRIVE GX is the latest advancement in DuPont’s line of SYNERXIA® Fermentations Systems. It offers a new option in high yield yeasts to help ethanol producers drive to the best performance. SYNERXIA® THRIVE GX is the next generation of DuPont yeast to use the carbon-efficient PKL pathway, resulting in an increased yield of up to 3 percent more than conventional yeast; robust performance during process excursions; and expression of glucoamylase for efficient sugar conversion.
- DISTILLASE® DXT is an advanced glucoamylase blend, the newest member of the DISTILLASE® line. The new product is designed to help customers extract even more value from liquefied grains through a combination of advanced glucoamylases, trehalase and cold cook alpha amylase. With DuPont’s novel highly active debranching GA technology, it is optimized for more complete starch to sugar conversion that increases yield up to 1 percent above other trehalase-based blends and is designed to pair well with SYNERXIA® THRIVE GX.
- OPTIMASH® AX – a xylanase enzyme that enhances liquefaction – is an addition to the popular OPTIMASH® range. Now designed to help customers extract even more value out of nonstarch carbohydrates, it relaxes fibers to release inaccessible starch; increases ethanol yields up to 1 percent; and – notably – is complementary to alpha amylase performance.
“Launching not one but THREE pioneering products demonstrates our ongoing commitment to this industry,” said Underwood. “But XCELIS™ is more than these products. We are providing tools and technologies to help our customers achieve greater success than ever before – whether it’s a process audit, or a benchmarking study or new products, DuPont’s XCELIS™ Team is always looking for ways to help our customers drive bottom line success.”
About DuPont Industrial Biosciences
DuPont Industrial Biosciences, a DowDuPont Specialty Products Division business, works with customers across a wide range of industries to make products and industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. Through a unique combination of agriculture, biotechnology, chemistry and material science capabilities, we advance market-driven, bio-based solutions to meet the needs of a growing population, while protecting our environment for future generations. For updates about how DuPont Industrial Biosciences is helping customers deliver cost-effective products with superior performance and sustainability, follow @DuPontBiobased on Twitter or visit our website at http://biosciences.dupont.com.
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found http://www.dow-dupont.com.
# # #
The DuPont Oval logo, DuPont™ and all products, unless otherwise noted, denoted with ™, ℠or ® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.