NEW YORK (PRWEB) June 06, 2018
The Network Journal (TNJ, TNJ.com), the New York tri-state area’s premier quarterly magazine and online business news website for Black professionals, corporate executives and small-business owners, announces the recipients of its 2018 "40 Under Forty" Achievement Awards. The annual award recognizes outstanding young African-Americans who are “reaching for higher goals” in their careers while remaining committed to their community’s development.
“As we celebrate the 21st Anniversary of our 40 Under Forty Achievers awards, The Network Journal cherishes its role in recognizing up-and-coming African-American men and women who show promise and commitment in their careers, and as a facilitator to showcase the talents of these professionals to our vast network of corporate affiliations,” Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ publisher, said.
This year’s class will be profiled in the SUMMER 2018 issue of TNJ and honored at the 21st Annual “40 Under Forty” Achievement Awards Ceremony on Thursday, June 21, 2018, at New York Institute of Technology Auditorium, 1871 Broadway (bet. 61st and 62nd streets), New York City, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The awards ceremony, themed “Reaching for Higher Goals,” will feature Keynote Speaker Amos Winbush, III, CEO of AW3 Media and co-founder of KEV - Kingdom Equity Ventures. A 2011 Network Journal “40 Under Forty” honoree, Winbush is the first African-American to headline ABC’s “The Secret Millionaire” series.
The awards ceremony is co-sponsored by AfricaStrictlyBusiness.com and African American Golfers Digest. Tickets are $275.00 if purchased on or before June 12th, and $325.00 thereafter. To purchase tickets, please visit http://www.TNJ.com.
TNJ salutes all of the 2018 award recipients:
- Javonté Anyabwelé; Vice President, Global Strategic Sourcing for Hotel, Corporate Indirect, On Board Revenue, Carnival Corporation & PLC.
- Denise Asafu-Adjei, M.D.; Urology Resident, Columbia University Medical Center
- Khary P. Barnes; Vice President, Global Commercial Services, American Express Co.
- Nicole M. Bluefort, Esq.; Attorney, Law Offices of Nicole M. Bluefort
- Samuel Bright; Senior Director, General Manager-Art & Collectibles, eBay Inc.
- Natalia L. Cineas, D.N.P.; Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Mount Sinai-St. Lukes
- Lorene Cowan; Licensed Associate Broker, Keller Williams
- Thomas L. Davenport, II; Director, Head of Industrials Investment Banking, Sikich Investment Banking
- Jonnel C. Doris; Senior Advisor, Director, Mayor’s Office for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs)
- Alexys K. Feaster; Director, Player Development, National Basketball Association
- Howard L. Franklin; Founder, CEO & President, Ohio River South
- Adriel A. Hilton, Ph.D.; Dean of Students & Diversity Officer, Seton Hill University
- Sarepta Isaac, D.P.M.; Founder, President & CEO, Serenity Enterprises
- Jenné A. Johns; Director, Quality Improvement, Medical Affairs, Healthcare Services Corporation
- Chavonne M. L. Jones; Senior Vice President, Media Relations, Weber Shandwick, Corporate Practice
- Patrina King; Founder & CEO, Golf Women Mean Business, LLC
- Jessica B. Lee, Esq.; Partner, Media and Technology Practice, Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Marie Leggette; Owner, Editor-in-Chic, The Curvy Fashionista
- Robin Lowman-White, M.D.; CEO, Emergency Medicine Physician, MDHouse Call, LLC
- Deborah Kemi Martin, Esq.; Trial, Investigations, and Securities Litigation Associate, Dechert LLP
- Jason McNary Raponi; Chief Executive Officer, Americas, Unode50
- Lakisha Murray; Chief of Staff, President’s Office, Medgar Evers College (CUNY)
- Michelle A. Nicholas; Vice President of Development and External Affairs, Family Services of Westchester (FSW)
- Aaron P. Ogletree, Esq.; Attorney, Mediator and Arbitrator, The Law Office of Aaron P. Ogletree
- Leslie Pitterson; Vice President of Communications, U.S. Media, Nielsen
- Joanes Prosper; CEO, Creative Director, Prosper Digital TV
- Rachel A. Ramsay-Lowe, Esq.; Associate Attorney, Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman & Goggin, P.C.
- Franklin Reynolds; Assistant Vice President, Global Relationship Manager, Genpact
- Erica R. Roberson; Vice President, Global Marketing, Pureology and Mizani, L'Oréal USA
- George Sainteus; Agency Principal, The Sainteus Agency -Farmers Insurance
- Detavio Samuels; President, iONE Digital and One Solution
- Shani Sandy, Executive Creative Director, S&P Global
- Nubiaa Shabaka, J.D.; Global Head of Cybersecurity Legal North America, Head of Privacy and Data Protection Legal, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
- Ebony Danielle Thomas; Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Sabrina Tucker-Barrett; Founder, President & CEO, Girls for Technology, Inc.
- Osei Van Horne; Director, Founding Member, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital
- Stephen Vault; Vice President, Business Development & Strategy, WellStar Health System
- LaToya Williams-Belfort; Chief Development & Communications Officer, Partnership with Children
- Taa Wongbe; Founder & CEO, The Khana Group
- Janneh K. Wright; Founder & Chief Executive Officer, PRIMUS Business Management
About the “40 Under Forty”
TNJ created the 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards in 1997 to recognize young African-Americans who have proven to be exceptional performers in their industry and committed contributors to the advancement of their community. The program is designed to promote mentorship and professional development for these next-generation leaders by introducing them to the established business community as role models for young African-Americans. For more information on TNJ’s 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards, visit http://www.tnj.com, or contact Chelsee Lisbon at 212-962-3791 x206, or at Chelsee@tnj.com.
About The Network Journal
Founded in 1993, The Network Journal (TNJ) is the premier quarterly magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small-business owners. Engaging more than 98,325 readers, TNJ is dedicated to connecting, empowering and inspiring this market segment by providing news and commentary on issues that affect the growth of businesses and the advancement of professionals in the workplace. Along with featuring successful entrepreneurs and professionals who offer insights on business and career-building strategies, TNJ highlights trends in key industries, providing information on resources and opportunities at the corporate, government, and not-for-profit levels. Each issue also includes articles on finance and economy, career, management, health and fitness, technology, global business, Africa, and book reviews, as well as a calendar of events.
Press Contact: Sergie Willoughby, Senior Editor, The Network Journal, 212-962-3791 x200, Sergie(at)tnj.com