NEW YORK (PRWEB) June 12, 2018
Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP had two winners and was a finalist for 21 other honors at the Euromoney Legal Media Group’s annual “Americans Women in Business Law Awards’ ceremony held June 7, at Essex House in New York.
The Greenberg Traurig winners were:
- G. Michelle Ferreira, managing shareholder of the San Francisco office and co-managing shareholder of the Silicon Valley office, won the Best in Tax Dispute Resolution. Ferreira, a former tax litigator for the IRS, has unique insight to guide clients in their controversies with state and federal tax agencies. She counsels individuals, partnerships, estates, and corporations in tax disputes with the IRS and state and local tax agencies, including the California Franchise Tax Board, the State Board of Equalization, the Employment Development Department, and county assessment appeals boards.
- Linda B. Hirschson, chair of Greenberg Traurig’s New York Estate Planning Group, won the Best in Wealth Management Award. Hirschson also won this award in 2017. Hirschson is a leader in the national Private Wealth Services Practice, developing estate plans for high net worth individuals. She has written and spoken extensively about matters pertaining to Trusts & Estates.
According to the Euromoney website, firm, country, and regional winners are chosen based on their ability to support the development of women in the legal profession and provide a work/life program that empowers women to pursue legal careers. In addition to Ferreira and Hirschson, the following Greenberg Traurig women attorneys were shortlisted in the categories noted below:
- Mergers & acquisitions – Patricia Menéndez-Cambó
- Life sciences – Lori G. Cohen
- Structured finance (incl. securitization & derivatives) – Sylvie A. Durham
- Technology – Francoise Gilbert
- Trademark – Susan L. Heller
- Tax dispute resolution – Barbara T. Kaplan
- Private equity – Stacey T. Kern
- Patent – Mary-Olga Lovett
- Insolvency & restructuring – Nancy A. Mitchell
- Wealth management – Diana S. C. Zeydel
- Rising Star – IP – Julie P. Bookbinder
- Rising Star – Litigation – Elizabeth J. Sullivan
In addition, for 2018 the firm was shortlisted in the following categories:
Best International Firm for Diversity
Since its founding, Greenberg Traurig has made a commitment to cultivating a work environment emphasizing diversity and inclusion. For decades, the firm has fostered this commitment through its Diversity Initiative. The responsibility and success of this initiative relies on Greenberg Traurig’s attorneys’ commitment and dedication to nurture diversity and continue to create an environment where differences are embraced and utilized creatively.
Best International Mentoring Program
Greenberg Traurig’s Associate Development Program provides a comprehensive support system to enhance an associate’s career at the firm. Although offered to all associates, Greenberg Traurig’s Women’s Initiative(GTWI) benefits from this program as it helps ensure women associates, specifically, receive the guidance, support, and in-depth business development training they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive legal market.
Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig regularly advises on matters as wide-reaching as human rights and economic development to as personal as domestic violence, children’s issues, and immigration. A signature part of the firm’s pro bono program’s focus is on issues impacting women. These efforts are supported by dedicated Greenberg Traurig attorneys in partnership with numerous organizations. Significant partnerships include Equal Justice Works, Her Justice, Incarcerated Mothers Law Project, Girls in Tech, and Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
Best International Firm for Women in Business Law
GTWI fosters the success of women attorneys, strengthens the firm’s culture, contributes to the firm’s financial health, and better serves firm clients. GTWI focuses its efforts on leading by example. This includes hiring, retaining, advancing, and integrating women attorneys. By making this a priority of utmost importance, the firm has created opportunities for these women to be role models for others aspiring to be in the legal industry.
Best Law Firm
Greenberg Traurig was shortlisted in five different regions as a Best Law Firm based on the ratio of male to women attorneys in each office at every level: associate, of counsel, and shareholder. In addition, according to Euromoney, this selection is also based on Greenberg Traurig’s overall firm submissions. The firm was recognized in the following locations:
- Best Firm, Latin America – Mexico
- Best Firm, North America – Midwest
- Best Firm, North America – Northeast
- Best Firm, North America – US South
- Best Firm, North America – US West
About Greenberg Traurig’s Women’s Initiative: Greenberg Traurig is committed to its women lawyers’ success, which includes a firmwide women’s affinity group encompassing recruiting, retention, and business development. The firm regularly collaborates with like-minded organizations to address these issues on a broader scale in a variety of industries and communities. Greenberg Traurig also takes thoughtful action to address issues such as maintaining a healthy work-life balance, breaking the glass ceiling, mentoring, creating and maintaining healthy lifestyles, and giving back to the community.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.