“We look forward to participating in quality benchmarking, deeper subspecialization, and other practice improvements through our association with SR.” —Edward L. Yang, MD, president, XRC.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (PRWEB) June 14, 2018
X-Ray Consultants, Inc. (XRC), South Bend, Ind., has joined the Strategic Radiology (SR) coalition of more than 1,100 private practice radiologists. The addition of XRC, with 17 physicians, augments SR’s presence in Indiana, joining SR member groups Northwest Radiology in Indianapolis, and Radiology Associates in Jeffersonville.
“We welcome X-Ray Consultants to the Strategic Radiology coalition of independent practices,” said Arl Van Moore, Jr., MD, FACR, CEO and chair, SR. “With multiple links between XRC and other SR member practices, the relationships already exist as well as a mutual respect. We know that they share our values and our commitment to quality and physician-owned and -led medicine.”
XRC provides subspecialized imaging and procedural services to three hospitals (St. Joseph Health System—Mishawaka and Plymouth campuses—and Community Hospital of Bremen), along with an imaging center, a surgery center, and multiple outpatient sites in the region. XRC also owns and operates a vein center and has recently added vascular surgery to its list of subspecialty services. The practice has deep roots in the Michiana region spanning northern Indiana and southwestern Michigan, where it has served St Joseph County communities for more than 50 years.
“We look forward to participating in quality benchmarking, deeper subspecialization, and other practice improvements through our association with SR,” said Edward L. Yang, MD, president, XRC. “Our physicians view SR membership as an investment in maintaining private practice ownership in radiology and continuing to strive for greater future quality enhancement for our group.”
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology is a coalition of 23 private radiology practices, representing more than 1,100 radiologists. The coalition’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. It operates the nation’s only radiology-focused Patient Safety Organization listed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.StrategicRadiology.org.
SR Core Members:
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- The Hill Medical Corporation, Pasadena, CA
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, Washington State
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members:
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Minneapolis Radiology Associates; Minneapolis, MN
- Modesto Radiological Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Radiology Associates; Jeffersonville, IN
- Radiology Associates, PA; Little Rock, AR
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA
- Tower Imaging; Santa Monica, CA
- X-Ray Consultants; South Bend, IN