SILVER SPRING, Md. (PRWEB) June 18, 2018
A&T is pleased to announce it is launching a new solution, Managed Storage as a Service (STaaS), for Department of Defense (DoD) users with vast amounts of data they must store and use for both short-term and long-term needs. STaaS is available directly from A&T. On-premise legacy storage at many data centers is either reaching end of life or running out of capacity. The AWS cloud provides compelling economics for migrating storage to cloud. Therefore, migrating storage to cloud presents a unique opportunity for DoD to adopt the cloud, save money, and improve mission capabilities, leveraging data stores with modern applications.
“A&T’s STaaS, a turnkey storage solution, can help expedite the move to the cloud for secure storage for DoD Mission Owners,” said A&T’s CEO, Dr. Ashok Thareja. “Confronting questions regarding DoD security compliance and other details, Mission Owners (MOs) have to overcome fear, uncertainty, and doubt about successfully migrating their data into a DoD-compliant, secure cloud environment.”
DoD Mission Owners (MOs) must overcome several issues and challenges to be able to move storage materials from data centers into the cloud. Specifically, they need to consider with the following questions:
- How to comply with relevant regulations, e.g., DoD Cloud Computing SRG, NIST SP 800-53, -122 and -171?
- How to move and ingest vast amount of data from DoD datacenters to AWS cloud?
- How to manage chain-of-custody while moving the data?
- What standard operating processes (SOPs) are required for meeting data storage and access related SLAs?
- What should be the backup and recovery processes when managing data in the cloud?
- How to receive ATO at the appropriate Impact Level (IL) for the data storage services?
- How to minimize the cost by optimally using different levels of AWS storage features?
A&T’s STaaS provides MOs with answers to many critical questions when it comes to cloud migration. A&T’s STaaS is based on the cloud storage solution that A&T has developed and already deployed for two different U.S. Army MOs. The solution is suitable for MOs with vast amounts of data to store/use for both short- and long-term, ranging from unclassified to highly classified. Built on top of the AWS cloud, STaaS helps MOs overcome challenges:
- Meet DoD SRG and RMF compliance requirements
- Acquire Authority to Operate for cloud storage based on data categorization at the appropriate Impact Level
- Meet continuous compliance requirements
- Optimize moving and ingesting vast amounts of data from DoD datacenters to the cloud
- Manage the chain-of-custody while moving the data
- Minimize the cost by optimally using different levels of AWS storage features that include AWS S3 and AWS Glacier
A&T’s STaaS is scalable and customizable, so it can fit needs of a wide variety of missions.
A&T Systems, Inc. (A&T), an Advanced Consulting Partner and Government Competency Partner in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN), Authorized Government Reseller and Value-Added Reseller, is proud to participate as an exhibitor and sponsor at the Amazon Web Services (AWS) 2018 Public Sector Summit on June 20-21, 2018 in Washington, DC at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. A&T is in Booth 212.
About A&T Systems: A&T is a Cloud Solutions Integrator with deep expertise in managing cloud computing, mobility and network operations as well as IT and telecom infrastructure needs. It holds a number of contracting vehicles, including Army ACCENT, Army IMCS III, GSA Schedule 70, including SIN 132-40, GSA Connections, and IMCS III for Federal Government and NASPO and NCPA for State and Local government customers. A&T qualifies as a small business. A&T is authorized to provision and operate workloads in the AWS commercial and GovCloud (US) Regions. A&T supports and has been technical consultant for cloud implementations for a variety of workloads including enterprise applications, high-performance computing, analytics, storage, maintenance and monitoring, backup, disaster recovery, and web & application. For more information, visit http://www.ats.com.