ROCKVILLE, Md. (PRWEB) June 21, 2018
The 2018 RadWaste Summit will explore the theme, The Path Forward for Safety, Security and Storage of Radioactive Waste at the 12th annual Summit this September in Henderson, NV. As the radioactive waste industry continues to dynamically change, it’s imperative for industry leaders to come together and discuss challenges and solutions to the management and disposition of radioactive waste.
The following speakers have been confirmed for the 2018 RadWaste Summit:
- Brian Brendel, President, Columbia Energy
- Melissa F. Burnison, Assistant Secretary, Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs, U.S. Department of Energy
- Thomas Fink, General Manager, Nuclear Safety Division, SCHOTT
- Oliver Fritz, PhD, Head of Technology at the Nuclear Safety Division of SCHOTT Electronic Packaging
- James Gleason, President, GLSEQ LLC
- Miriam Holladay Juckett, Program Manager, Environmental Protection and External Hazard Assessment, Southwest Research Institute
- Josh J. Jarrell, PhD, Used Fuel Relationship Manager, Idaho National Laboratory
- Seth Kirchenberg, Executive Director, Energy Communities Alliance
- Ed Mayer, Program Director, HI-Store: UMAX Facility for Consolidated Interim Storage, Holtec International
- Rick McLeod, Executive Director, SRSCRO
- John Arthur (Jay) Mullis, II, Manager, Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management, U.S. Department of Energy
- Victoria S. Napier, Senior Vice President, Government & Public Affairs, Akins, member of the SNC Lavalin Group
- W. Mark Nutt, PhD, Principal Nuclear Engineer, Argonne National Laboratory
- Frank Parsons, Jr., Senior Vice President and Project Manager, SWPF, PARSONS
- Ken Rueter, President and Chief Executive Officer, UCOR
- Wade Sproat, Yucca Mountain
- Karthik Subramanian, One-System Manager, Washington River Protection Solutions, AECOM
“I’m excited for our robust speaker lineup due to the hard work of our advisory committee,” said Nancy Berlin, Program Director, ExchangeMonitor Forums. “2018 is an interesting time for the radioactive waste community, and it’s more imperative than ever for industry leaders to connect on how to move forward. Our speaker lineup reflects the dynamic industry, and I’m looking forward to some great discussions this September.”
Of the course of three days, more than 350 industry and government attendees will come together to discuss the challenges and solutions to the management and disposition of radioactive waste. It’s the must-attend event for waste managers, program managers, environmental specialists, the c-suite, scientists and more to network, get high-level updates and connect on business opportunities.
The 2018 RadWaste Summit will take place September 4-6 at the Green Valley Ranch Resort in Henderson, NV. Attendees from the following organizations have already secured their spot: Bragg Nuclear Group, Camfil, EnergySolutions, Huntington Ingalls Industries, ICE Service Group, Idaho National Laboratory, Jacobs, Leidos, Navarro, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Nye County, PacTec, Perma-Fix Environmental Services, SECUR, Southwestern Low Level Radioactive Waste Compact, TechSource, Transco Products Inc., UniTech Services Group, and more.
Register before July 20 at the advanced rate to save up to $200 off the regular rate! To learn more and to register, visit http://www.radwastesummit.com.
About ExchangeMonitor, a division of Access Intelligence, LLC
ExchangeMonitor Publications & Forums publishes professional newsletters and creates, manages and sponsors forums, colloquiums and workshops to facilitate an exchange of views and information on critical programs and policies. Areas of focus include: the Department of Energy’s Office of Environmental Management and the cleanup of the nuclear legacy of the Manhattan Project and the Cold War; the National Nuclear Security Administrative and the current U.S. nuclear weapons complex; and the commercial radioactive waste industry.