The speakers were very informative and didn’t focus too much on the basics—got into deeper conversations.
BROOKLINE, Mass. (PRWEB) June 26, 2018
Organized by myStockOptions.com and held on June 18, the one-day conference Financial Planning for Public Company Executives & Directors attracted financial advisors from all over the United States. These professionals work with or seek to advise executives, directors, and high-net-worth employees who have stock compensation, holdings of company stock, and other company benefits, such as nonqualified deferred compensation. The conference was sponsored by Eaton Vance, Fidelity Charitable, StockShield, StockOpter, Social Security Solutions, and the NASPP.
The conference was a big success. All available space was sold out, and the event received glowing reviews from attendees. “Excellent content,” said an advisor after the event. “I haven’t come across anything else that is geared toward advisors like this.” Many attendees said that the coverage of the presented topics was just right: “Technical but not too basic or overly technical,” wrote one. Another praised the event as the “only conference addressing and focused solely on financial planning for executives and directors,” and one advisor even called it the “best conference focused on executive/equity comp.”
A selection of other attendee feedback:
- “A huge amount of practice-relevant information in a very efficient and engaging format.”
- “The speakers were very informative and didn’t focus too much on the basics—got into deeper conversations.”
- “Consistently high quality.”
- “It’s hard to find seminars that provide this much detail.”
Conference Sessions: Engagement With Expertise
- Leading Investment Manager Reveals Current Strategies for High-Net-Worth Clients (Paul Bouchey, Parametric Portfolio Associates, interviewed by Bruce Brumberg of myStockOptions.com)
- Trends in Stock and Executive Compensation: What They Mean for Financial Advisors (Richard Friedman, Ayco Company)
- Important Tax, SEC, and Legal Developments Impacting Financial Planning for Stock and Executive Compensation (Bruce Brumberg, myStockOptions; Susan Daley, Perkins Coie)
- Leading Financial Advisor Reflects on His Career Working with Executives (Tim Kochis, Kochis Global, interviewed by John Barringer of Executive Wealth Planning Partners)
- Financial & Tax Planning Strategies for Stock Options, Restricted Stock/RSUs, Performance Shares, and Company Stock Holdings (Caroline Emswiler, Wealth Financial Consultants; William Baldwin, Argent Wealth Management; Jackie Kunkel, UBS Financial Services; Kristin McFarland, Darrow Wealth Management; moderator: Bill Dillhoefer, Net Worth Strategies)
- Estate Planning & Charitable Giving With Company Stock & Equity Comp (Geoff Zimmerman, Mosaic Financial Partners; Kirsten Howe, Absolute Trust Counsel; Matthew Connor, Fidelity Charitable)
- Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans: Cornerstone of Legal Protection for Stock Diversification (Michael Andresino, Posternak Blankstein & Lund; Mark Bach, Morgan Stanley)
- Retirement Distribution Planning for Executives: Key Role for Stock Compensation and Holdings of Company Stock, Executive Retirement Plans, and NUA (Chuck Steege, SFG Wealth Planning Services)
- Strategies for Concentrated Positions in Company Stock (Dave Gordon, Eaton Vance; Bob Gordon, Twenty-First Securities; Brian Yolles, StockShield; moderator: Tim Kochis, Kochis Global)
- Pursuing the Equity Compensation Opportunity: Attracting and Retaining Individuals Who Receive Company Stock and/or Options (John Barringer, Executive Wealth Planning Partners; Bill Dillhoefer, Net Worth Strategies)
Conference Met A Strong Need Among Advisors
From experience with financial planners using the content, tools, and advisor directory at myStockOptions.com, the website's editorial team sensed a strong need for this type of event. Moreover, a recent national survey of 1,000 stock plan participants found that while half understand the long-term value of their equity compensation, many are hesitant about exercising stock options or selling shares because of anxiety that they will make a costly mistake. The survey suggests that improved education and guidance would reduce this fear factor.
"Financial-planning clients and their families look to equity comp or company stock holdings to fund important life goals," said Bruce Brumberg, the editor-in-chief of myStockOptions.com. "They rely on advisors for help in how to maximize, preserve, and transfer their wealth and how to prevent them from making big mistakes."
Accordingly, the conference team selected stock comp topics that are especially important for advisors to understand in serving their financial-planning clients. Speakers and panelists shared a wide range of knowledge, insights, and experiences that completely met the high expectations and goals that myStockOptions.com had for the conference: to boost financial advisors' professional development, helping them deepen client relationships, further develop their reputations, gain more client referrals, and advise more employees with stock comp in ways that help them achieve their financial and life goals.
The mission of the conference is also one of the perpetual missions at myStockOptions.com: to provide an independent, unbiased source of educational content and tools on all types of equity compensation. Full access to the website is available via Premium or Pro membership levels. Additionally, the website's extensive and engaging educational content on all aspects of equity compensation can be licensed by stock plan providers and companies for their plan participants. The content includes not just easy-to-understand articles and FAQs but also videos, podcasts, modeling tools, and fun quizzes on many different topics.
With exclusive articles, 800+ FAQs, podcasts, videos, the Tax Center, interactive quizzes, the Learning Center with courses for CE credit, the Global Tax Guide, an extensive glossary, a smartphone app for iOS and Android devices, and dynamic patented tools, myStockOptions.com is the premier online resource of educational content and tools on stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans. myStockOptions.com is written and managed by leading experts in equity compensation, and is produced by a company with a long history of successful publications explaining complex legal and financial subjects in plain English.
The accounting journal CPA Wealth Provider selected myStockOptions.com among companies "that have taken the lead through innovation, efficiency, initiative, or growth in the financial-planning area." The Specialized Information Publishers' Foundation honored MSO Pro with one of its Editorial Excellence Awards in the category of Best Interactive Content among niche publishers. The influential consumer magazine PC World has ranked myStockOptions.com among "the most useful sites ever" that "deliver top-notch information, support, and services."
myStockOptions.com has also received extensive favorable coverage in the media, including BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and The Boston Globe, and on CNN, National Public Radio, PBS, Money.com, and MarketWatch.com.
myStockOptions.com has a related website on nonqualified deferred compensation at http://www.myNQDC.com. The staff also created the successful insider trading prevention video series Think Twice, available at http://www.insidertradingvideos.com.
For more information, please contact Bruce Brumberg and Matt Simon at 617-734-1979.