DOOR COUNTY, Wis. (PRWEB) June 28, 2018
Explore beautiful Door County this summer. Spend the day on the water kayaking, swimming or boating. In the evening enjoy live music, theater performances, and culinary delights. Visitors can plan their vacation today at DoorCounty.com or by calling the Door County Visitor Bureau toll free at 800-527-3529.
- Celebrate Independence Day throughout the peninsula with various activities July 3rd and 4th.
- Experience Door County’s Belgian heritage at Belgian Days in Brussels, July 14-15.
- Taste the iconic fish boil at the Fly-In Fish Boil at Washington Island Airport, July 21.
- Enjoy beautiful art throughout the county during the Plein Air Festival, July 22-28.
- Look for a great deal at Sturgeon Bay’s Sail Thru the Avenues Sidewalk Sale, July 26.
- Watch the parade and enjoy activities throughout the community at Carlsville Day, July 26.
- For more events visit, DoorCounty.com/events
Did you know?
Door County is the fourth largest cherry producer in the country.
On-Going Summer Activities
- Cherry Orchards – Mid-July is the perfect time to pick cherries at a local orchard.
- Live Music – Free community concerts throughout the peninsula nightly.
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse- Celebrate the 150th anniversary of this historic lighthouse with a tour.
- Star Gaze – Visit Wisconsin’s only International Dark Sky Park-Newport State Park. Astronomy events held throughout the summer.
- Lavender – Smell enchanting lavender from mid-July - mid-August on Washington Island. Home to the largest lavender farm in the Midwest.
Can’t Miss Arts & Culture Event
Door Shakespeare presents “Comedy of Errors” every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:30 pm through August 18.
Door County is located in the northeast corner of Wisconsin. Surrounded by Lake Michigan, it is one of the top leisure travel destinations in America. Door County features 300 miles of shoreline, 34 named islands, 11 lighthouses and 5 state parks. It is known for its natural beauty, artistic offerings, outdoor recreation and local cuisine and offers scenic seaside experiences in the heart of the Midwest.