CLEVELAND, Ohio (PRWEB) July 11, 2018
The Portable Generator Manufacturers’ Association (PGMA) is pleased to announce three new members to the Association, A-iPower, Duromax Power Equipment, and Firman Power Equipment.
PGMA is a trade association, formed in 2009, that seeks to develop and influence safety and performance standards for the industry. PGMA’s extensive Take it Outside™ education and awareness campaign was designed to help educate consumers to reduce carbon monoxide injuries and deaths by preventing misuse of portable generators. In addition, PGMA most recently introduced its new G300 Safety and Performance standard (ANSI/PGMA G300-2018) that addresses carbon monoxide safety with a comprehensive and cost-effective solution. Extensive testing and analysis shows a 99% reduction in deaths due to generator misuse in enclosed spaces where CO accumulates around the generator. The auto-shutdown feature will be monumental in reducing carbon monoxide dangers and promoting overall consumer safety.
A-iPower is the US arm of Senci Power Products, a world leader in the manufacture of portable power equipment and alternators. A-iPower offers a wide range of consumer and contractor oriented portable generators, pressure washers, water pumps and gasoline engines. These products provide innovative, cost effective solutions for power needs at home, at the job site and on the weekend for camping and outdoor recreation. A-iPower’s Headquarters in Fontana, California.
Established in 2003, DuroMax Power Equipment is headquartered in Ontario, California and is one of the industry’s leader in Dual Fuel portable generator technology. DuroMax’s foundation is built on quality, reliability, durability, and customer service. The company’s full line of portable generators are ideal for jobsite, home back up, and recreational applications.
Wholly-owned subsidiary of the Fortune 300 company Sinomach, FIRMAN Power Equipment is focused on Performance, Innovation, Value and Service and has set new standards of excellence in Open Frames, Dual-fuels, Tri-fuels and Inverters. Headquartered in Peoria, Arizona, FIRMAN Power Equipment has produced over 15 million portable generators over the past 20 years for the worldwide market. For years they built private label generators but in 2015, Firman brought their manufacturing expertise to North America directly under the FIRMAN brand.
About Portable Generator Manufacturers’ Association
The Portable Generator Manufacturers’ Association (PGMA) is a trade association that seeks to develop and influence safety and performance standards for the portable generator industry and its products. Formed in 2009, PGMA members include the major manufacturers of portable generators sold in North America including A-iPower, American Honda Motor Co., Briggs & Stratton Corporation, Champion Power Equipment, Duromax Power Equipment, Firman Power Equipment, Generac Power Systems, GenTent Safety Canopies (Associate Member) Wacker Neuson Production Americas LLC and Yamaha Motor Corp USA.
PGMA is dedicated to the safe use of portable generators. Facts on portable generator safety include:
- Keep generators outdoors. Do not use portable generators inside homes, tents, campers or partially enclosed spaces.
- Always direct portable generator engine exhaust away from occupied structures and if possible downwind. Pointing the exhaust away from occupied structures or your campsite, hunting or fishing location is critical to avoid carbon monoxide accumulating in occupied spaces.
- Be prepared. Install a battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm in your home, camper or at your campsite, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Educate yourself. Always read the operator’s manual first and follow the manufacturer’s recommended precautions and procedures.
- Be aware. If you feel sick, dizzy or weak while using your portable generator, get to fresh air immediately and call 911 for emergency medical attention.
Watch a video on portable generator safety and access more information and downloads at http://www.TakeYourGeneratorOutside.com.